Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Asus P4C800-E Deluxe & 1GB Corsair XMS3200C2 (2 x 512MB), Help please :(

• 24-12-2003 1:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭

Hi,

I recently put a system together ;

Asus P4C800-E Deluxe
    3 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 (FSB 533) HT
    1GB Corsair(2 x 512MB Corsair XMS3200C2)
    Sapphire 256MB Radeon 9600 Atlantis

Not the problem is getting the Ram and Motherboard to work perfectly together,

They installed ok and worked for a while (did not do a cold boot as it was on for long period).
    The problem is,
    When I do a cold boot the ram has major problems , it causes the screen to go weird and and i get all messed up colours but the system still loads up,
    For the first few times of letting the pc go into windows the screen is unreadable, so i resart the pc (cant actuallty see the screen, just remembered what keys to press!) now by the 5th or 6th restart the screen is 99% normal.

now i tried messing arround with the timing for the ram and the corruption goes completely, but when i cold boot againn its back

i have updated my bios to the latest and still No luck
    what is the deal with my pc and can anyone help

btw

I know it must be the ram as the problem get significantly worse after i optimize it in windows!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Did you try one stick? Or any other ram even if its slower?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭BigO

not yet to the first Q

and would if i had anymore ram !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

What multiplier, fsb and timings are you using?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭phaxx

Moved to tech. Read the charter before you post in future, it helps everyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

Have you tried changing the graphics card? How do you know for certaion that the graphics card isn;t dodgy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,649 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Originally posted by BigO
    I know it must be the ram as the problem get significantly worse after i optimize it in windows!

How do you mean you optimise your ram in windows?

To check if your ram is ok, use memtest86 and leave it running for several hours. If no errors, your ram is perfect. If errors, send the ram straight back to where it came from and get it replaced :)

Errors in ram would more typically lead to system instability / crashes rather than messy screens / colours. It's more likely your graphics card. Try the latest drivers and then try using a spare card and see does the problem go away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

try flashing the bios of the mobo usinbg asusflash (can flash from windows - available from the asus site) and updating to the latest bios.

there may be compatability problems with that particular brand/speed of ram that have been ironed out in the latest flash.

Advertisement