Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinion please

Options
  • 28-01-2000 1:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭

I'm buying a configured system from gateway with a p3 600, 128meg ram and I've got the choice of two fairly decent graphics cards ie. Voodoo 3 3000 and Riva TNT 2 - 32meg. I'd instinctively go 4 the riva, but just in case there's some MAJOR difference between it and it's sibling (tnt2 ultra) I thought I'd delve into the infinite library of knowledge that is the boards. So, voodoo or tnt?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

well i just bought the aforementioned system last week.
    tnt2 without a doubt.
    you will end up many hours bangin your head against a wall with the state of 3d/fx drivers and complete gayness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

Thanks 4 the help, was probably goin to buy the tnt 2 anyway though. Pity they dont give you a more varied choice instead of a few crappy ATI cards and the two aforementioned spec boosters. Give me a Creative 3D annihilator any day. No, really, please do sunglasses.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

BTW, you should have waited before buying the system. It's just gone down by 150 quid. I'm glad my parents procrastinate so much sunglasses.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Vincent

Bout time u got that new puter Stev smile.gif
    i still have me p166 2mb graphics card, but if u're still a hpb who cares smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Kali Gateway used to offer a refund if the price went down within 30 days. Give em a bell and see if they will. If they refuse tell them you don't want it under that same 30 day guarantee and re-order it smile.gif

They could of course have changed this since I worked for them.

Gandalf.

• Advertisement
Advertisement