Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Broadband

• 24-12-2003 4:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Hi all,

I woul dlike some feedback about wireless broadband. I intent to use a VPN client to connect to office network from home so first do we get lag what is the latency like ?

I also play a good bit, so lag is important.

So any user from Irish Broadband would like to share their experience before I sign in ?

Regards,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

read some of the threads from the last few weeks. Theres a lot of info there. Just search for IBB or Irish Broadband

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Lawdie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭proteus

Using IBB, I frequently connect to work using a vpn client. I mostly use ssh clients on top of this link and they are fine but the windows networking stuff is a bit slow.

It is also important to make sure that you home machine has up-to-date firewall/anti-virus/anti-trojan software to prevent infection of your company servers.

Advertisement