Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dance Track Essentials

• 24-12-2003 7:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭

Looking to seriously expand my collection.

I've been getting my hands on some of the more commercial stuff

Dirty vegas
    Stardust
    Paul Van Dyke
    Orbital
    Jaydee etc

Looking for track recommendations for commercial club tracks & suggestions for dance mixes (trance/techno/house etc. [Maybe remixes of pop songs like the "2 many DJs" stuff and the like])

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 707 ✭✭✭d4r3n

nsync - dirty pop (hardcore techno remix) great tune

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

try getting dave clarker - world service, its a mix album(techno)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Hmm, I've heard a few ok mixes of some chart tunes, Scumfrog's remix of Kylie's Love At First Sight is good, if a bit dark for some, he's also got a facking sweet remix of Dirty Vegas' Days Go By. I've heard a decent house mix of Coldplay's Clocks about. Chicane always go down well. Maybe a bit of Basement Jaxx or Groove Armada.

I dunno.

Why commercial?? Are you DJing to a load of over-30s with no taste?

Do yourself a favour and check out the Hed Kandi label - some very accessible, very nice housey stuff there. Also the Back to Mine series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Originally posted by Sico
    Why commercial?? Are you DJing to a load of over-30s with no taste?

did you ever possibly stop to think maybe he LIKES that kinds stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 398 ✭✭pyramid man

three tunes i always use.

1. Junior Jack - Da Hype.
    2. Milk n' Sugar - Let the sunshine.
    3. Bangaltier and Falcon - So Much love to give.

and then maybe a bit of david guetta and the most commercial i would go is the funky remix of one step too far by dido.

then a bit of Hed Kandy............... let the fire burn.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

anythin by venetian snares always works well in a commercial atmosphere i find

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

get any 1995 era drum and bass compilation, especially if it has those deadly fugees remixes that the true playaz heads did round about then zinc's version of ready or not and hypes version of killing me softly rule....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭BeatFreak

Heh at the VSnares comment, Meta Abuse from Making Orange Things? Its my personal all time favourite song. I'd leave it till the end to send all the pillheads into uncontrollable fits /me seriously considers this... Damn that would be eviiiiil, but alot of fun none the less :D

venetian snares are chilled compared to the stuff they play at most outdoor parties ive ever been to... used to go to the raves the dratpack didthey had some ****ed up people playing some ****ed up music man... 48 hours trapped in a forest in tipperary with five sound systems blaring out 300bpm deathcore... :ninja:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 344 ✭✭BeatFreak

Have you actually heard VSnares older stuff? I.E Making Orange Things? Makes even the likes of Merzbow look like a small fluffy puppy with large eyes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭STaN

I've got my hands on around 100 or so v.good songs. Groove Armada - Easy is REALLY appealing to make lately.

I'm gonna burn sort them and stick them together in a nice mp3 cd playlist

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I second Hed Kandi - I've got a few of their CD's and live mixes, great to listen to when you're driving, and selected tunes would make a nice set... What I find best is to pick a few songs you like and see what else the artist has out there.... a few recommendations would be: Kid Creme, Junior Jack, Olaf Basoski, DJ Gregory...

For chart mixes, there are plenty of them. Best thing to do is searh in kazaa for <artistsname> and "Mix" - you'll usually find a few... Scumfrog has some nice ones, as does Superchumbo. Britney, Justin, Xtina, they all have loads of horrible cheesy/HappyHardcore mixes, but you can find a quality tune once in a while...

I'll post some more tune recommendations tomoorrow when I'm back at my own pc...

if its laid back chilld house youre after then get pretty much anything signed to naked music.... the blue six album, morgan geist, lisa shaw, that miguel migs nite:life mix are all excellent deep housey things... not a million miles away from groove armada and the like but a bit more tasteful... you'd probably like st germain as well.

Originally posted by Zascar
    What I find best is to pick a few songs you like and see what else the artist has out there.... a few recommendations would be: Kid Creme, Junior Jack, Olaf Basoski, DJ Gregory...

youre actually probably better off finding out what label a tune was released on and getting other tunes off that label... most producers will adapt to a label's house sound if commissione to do a tune/remix or else they will try and get the track signed by a label known for pushing that pareticular sound...

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Good point Tyranny, will you name a few other labels that you recommend for decent house music?

well i dont know an awful lot about house, but i DO know that you cant go too far wrong with any of the nite:life series of mix cds - basically they get respected TASTEFUL house djs to do a mix and bung it on a cd - the miguel migs and terry farley ones were both deadly as far as i can remember, paper recordings are a highly respected uk house label too...

i suggest you go over to www.deephousenetwork.com - its an irish run internationally focussed community forum for the deep house crew, and theres plenty of nice audio on the site from all the big players, many of whom use the site too.

now in case you're having a hard time getting your head around the truly bewildering amount of subgenres in dance music "deep house" is the nice mellow groovy stuff that doesnt get played by passing vauxhall novas, i'd say start there, pick three dj's and download a few mixes by them, as i said any miguel migs kerri chandler or greg and shane mixes should give you something nice and soulful to tap your foot to!

if you dont have the bandwith to download full mixes i suggest you check out the dj charts section on that website i just posted and seek out the individual tracks. happy hunting!

Advertisement