Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

100 most anticipated titles of 2004 - Superman no.46?

Options
  • 25-12-2003 1:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

what i'd like to know is where is half-life2, doom3, farcry etc etc...??

or was it a console only list.

also i don't like top 100's they hold no value at all

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Is it even GTA4 or is it just GTA 3 San Andreas?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

what about FF12 or nico?

i have my doubts about mgs3. from the looks of it the entire gameplay mechanics have to have been changed to fit into the jungle setting. but then again its hideo kojima and has he ever made a bad game?

killzone has been set up for a big fall. hyped as a halo beater both graphically and gameplay wise(hmm didnt half-life do that 4 years ago?) yet all we ahve seen are a couple of renders and a "supposed" accidental activation of a website with the said renders on it earlier this year. nothing else is know about its content yet the supposed journalists(read PR patsies) have labled it the saviour of electronic gaming, bah humbug i say. i will belive it when i see it in action.

gta4....... does it even need to succeed? the next generation iteration of gta is 110% assured as gta3 was _the_ title that got the ps2 under the majority of tvs in ireland, england and the rest of the western world(bar ff x it was the reason i got one). rockstar could put out a game featuring a hamburger with wheels and a gun, label it gta and laugh all the way to the bank. but who could have imagined that vice city, the cash in using the same engine with a different map could have bettered the original in every possible way? an awful lot of late nights will have to be put in a rockstar north to top their last gta outing.

in conclusion hype mean jack ****. hype is what marketing bods use to make their jobs easier. a game ultimatly boils down to how it plays not how much media attention is afforded it. as Chuck D once said, "dont belive the hype"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Cant trust any list like that which doesnt have either Doom3 or Half-life2 in the top 3......

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

not looking forward to gta at all, seems like a mission pack.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

killzone has been set up for a big fall. hyped as a halo beater both graphically and gameplay wise(hmm didnt half-life do that 4 years ago?) yet all we ahve seen are a couple of renders and a "supposed" accidental activation of a website with the said renders on it earlier this year. nothing else is know about its content yet the supposed journalists(read PR patsies) have labled it the saviour of electronic gaming, bah humbug i say. i will belive it when i see it in action.

in conclusion hype mean jack ****. hype is what marketing bods use to make their jobs easier. a game ultimatly boils down to how it plays not how much media attention is afforded it. as Chuck D once said, "dont belive the hype"

Killzone had a very comprehensive preview in Edge a couple of months ago. It's looking very tasty, but very different from Halo.

I didn't even like Halo anyway. That game was so overhyped as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

What worries me is that valve have gone very quiet on half life 2 since the leak, ive gone on quite a few of the half life forums around the net and nothing

Supposedly out quarter 1 2004, but who knows what there building into the game security wise and what delays its gonna cause

Im looking forward to

Half life 2, doom 3, getaway 2 on PS2, ****load of other stuff that i cant remember off hand now LOL

Should be a good year

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

hey, maybe next year we'll finally get duke nukem forever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Nope forever isn't due till 2005, another neverending saga in game production

and I'm almost sure thats a predicted date from the publisher. 3drealms still won't say anything.

I'm not too pushed about Doom 3 and I'm a bit sick of HL2.

Metroid Prime 2 is the one I'm looking forward to and probably FF:CC if I can get Praetorian to play it coop with me. I think MGS3 will be great as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭kano476

when the fook is gran turismo 4 out?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

gt4 is schedualed for some time about, march/april next year and after playing gta4 proulogue i can safley say it will be worth the wait. the tracks feel like real tracks and all the cars are unstable at high speeds. in terms of gameplay it will probably be prety much similar to the every gran turismo game. but in terms of physicis it is like the leap between nascar 3 and nascar 4. low speeds are still the same legendary gt physics but at higher speeds it has recived a major overhaul. cars over steer and are unstable when a corner is taken at high speeds, which should hppen so im happy. it will without doubt be the best gt game so make the most of it. it will fookin own i tell thee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭j0e9o

cant believe no one has mentioned far cry

Originally posted by Cr3m0
    what i'd like to know is where is half-life2, doom3, far cry etc etc...??

or was it a console only list.

also i don't like top 100's they hold no value at all

^^^^ look for the bold text

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Caffine

Originally posted by shinzon
    What worries me is that valve have gone very quiet on half life 2 since the leak, ive gone on quite a few of the half life forums around the net and nothing

Supposedly out quarter 1 2004, but who knows what there building into the game security wise and what delays its gonna cause

the reason for the delay wasnt actually the leak, vivendi were told well before the leak that the game wasnt finished (someone i know works in vivendi and they were told this), when the leak happend they blamed it on the hacker, granted that would have set them back a bit but it wasnt eh real reason :)

suposdily ATI have now leaked that they have been told to expect a febuary release date but i wont belive it till im holding my copy :)

definatly doom 3 and hl2 have to be top 3 most anticipated, with others like FF and halo2 high up as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Originally posted by Cr3m0
    what i'd like to know is where is half-life2

^^ what he said

• Registered Users Posts: 8,969 ✭✭✭Big Ears

supposedly ati leaked a release date for the 24th of feb. supposedly .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭DrummerBoy

HITMAN 3.......... nuff said
    :D

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Originally posted by smiaras
    One only wonders what the pr man was feeding the journalist for Suprman to even get a mention on the list.

With my experience with reviewers it is probably high expatiations, just because they love the name – like Superman – but they normally learn quickly. However in this case maybe the jouro knows something about game or developers, maybe not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

In fairness, I can barely think of 10 titles I'm anticipating next year. In a list of 100, most are going to be mediocre at best, which is why games like Superman are included, I guess.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Originally posted by NekkidBibleMan
    In fairness, I can barely think of 10 titles I'm anticipating next year.

good point

I'm can't wait to see the PSP (fingers crossed that I'm going to E3 this year). On my list it’s higher then any one game on any format, but lets hope HL2 isn’t a fuke up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 FinalWord

serious sam 3, BRING IT ON !!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

Fable looks to be one hell of a console RPG, so thats on my priority list for 2004 along with, HL2, GTA4, Battlefield Vietnam and Halo 2.

Originally posted by Big Ears
    supposedly ati leaked a release date for the 24th of feb. supposedly .

erm wasn't this infomation shown on gamezville?? now i'm not one to say anything but i don't believe a word that comes out of their mouths especially if they call tomb raider a FPS.

i can't find any news of the release date leaked on any website but i remembering seeing it at www.halflife2.net maybe they were told to remove it cos it's just a rumor and it didn't actually happen

Advertisement