Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IGN Quake 3 Servers and warez

Options
  • 31-01-2000 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭

You all know I play for a UK based clan, who have entered in the IQ3CL..

We set up a friendly against an Irish team reciently. They could not play on our server as they had warez copies of the game.

My question is how the **** can these ppl play on the IGN server so?

The IGN does not CD Key check, therefore is full of warez'ers. IN my own mind this is a bunch of **** . If you play a game you should do the developers the deciency of paying for it ffs!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Spoonman

The eed server is hosted by wireplay (if its DNS entry is anything to go by) and the pings there from Ireland, to be honest are brutal. Maybe that has something to do with it..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

the EED server is on the wireplay corporate network, yes, but thats not my point spoon. These lads could not get on to our quake server as we have the cd key check enabled (whcih is enabled by default as far as Im aware). But they get on to IGN every night.

We should not encourage warez

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭SickBoy

Good point!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Gerry

I think I will hop up on my high horse again
    ID software are a poor software house trying to make ends meet. This is their first successful game. John Carmack is trying to buy a new car ffs. go out and buy the game now, save I.D. software, get a pat on the back and a congratulatory email from John Carmack and stamp your authority all over the Irish quake scene. I've seen the way to the future, and that is the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

i think you are missing the point here gerry.
    i am not a leet hoxor warz d00d and i do not copy games....
    this is called honesty

if you were working and you didnt get paid, youd complain about it.

warezing brings down the whole industry and ups the highstreet prices. most of us use legal software coz we like to have all the boxes and documentation and because we are not scabby bas7ards.

oh, and warezing is NOT cool. and in this case, it can actually bring down the enjoyment leel of the game.
    i say enable the cd key yokey and f*ck the warezers...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I hate to agree with EED scum (have to keep the rivalry going wink.gif). Using a warez copy to see if the games any good is well imho fine. Using a warez copy after this is pathetic, it means you are a loser. If you can't afford the game get a fukin job.

I'll sell you my copy of Q3eer as it stinks.

Gandalf.

christ gandy, this cant be the mighty EED agreeing with 'ikkle doozer! (*stir* *sitr*)

My point is, should the IGN not run a pure server..(or an unpure server, which ever is the one that checks)

It will make no difference to anyone with the full game, bar it being about 1 second longer to connect to a game.......

Right Vagga,

Get on the IGN UT Server tonight and watch how your "mighty EED" ass gets smacked all over the place by this 'ikkle doozer ctfer.

Oh and yes tis a bit dodgy that the IGN server is not "pure". Damn evil IGN servers, personally I blame Cloud, always though he was a bit of a shifty lad.

Gandalf

bah, i'd kick the pair of yis around at about 10:30 tonight...ctf..ut...face...head shot.....AND STAY DOWN...

I'd love to be there, but Im afraid my games playing days are over. Medical reasons have told me to stop Im afraid, so Im all mouth from now on Im afraid! (for a change!)

I can send a EED sub in my place if you like tho ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭juNkie

HAHHA u sad w@nker.

In my house righ?? Beside my phone righ?? There sits a CD, on that CD is a copy of Q3, a warez copy of Q3 no less. And how do I know its yours?? It has your name on it.

Go out an get some friends u looser. And your not "stirring" anythin your jus making a complete pr!ck of yourself u fukin ar$ehole.

juNk san

Errr forgive me for been politically incorrect but wtf does

"but Im afraid my games playing days are over. Medical reasons have told me to stop Im afraid"

mean.

Is this psychological reasons or did your arm fall off tongue.gif

Ohh wwman shut it b!tch I heard your easier than Monica Lewisinky at a cigar converntion smile.gif

Gandalf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Err.... Dave, in all fairness, isn't the warez copy of Q3 in the house, the one from before the game was released? (Vagga does have a fully legit copy of Q3... I personally don't, because I played it a bit and have no wish to ever play it again.)

I agree, this thing with players being unable to play a match because they couldn't get onto a REAL server that checked the CD keys is a bleedin' disgrace. If you're gonna play the game seriously, go and buy the effin' thing and stop being such dishonest little pr1cks.

Ja,
    Rob

"but Im afraid my games playing days are over. Medical reasons have told me to stop Im afraid"

should read.."but, Im afraid. Medical researchers have told me to stop.Im afraid"

yeah yeah yeah, you and your mother baby, you and your mother...

chrit your right junkie, I f00kin will have to get a life and mates now....sh1te, f00k da!!

Seriously folks, one word (and my good friends in DZR are gonna go to town on this one smile.gif)

Epilepsy..

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Spoonman

Vagga them ign server are puredm, and have been for a good while now (2 weeks roughly). How recently did this friendly occur, surely it couldnt have been that if they were seen playing on ign servers.

This is an from the report of what happened by my lot (read what you want into it the point is the date it was at)
    Wednesday 26.1.00 - 22:43:54
    After us sitting there waiting around for ages, we went to find out what the problem was. They were *****ing in IRC that they didn't have legit copies of Quake 3 and so could only play on hacked servers - so could we play on theirs. Could we ****! Swift /rcon kick to the solitary member who owned a Q3 copy (and made excuses for the rest) and that was that. What's the world coming to?!

[This message has been edited by tHE vAGGABOND (edited 31-01-2000).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

The clan in question was PS (shock!!)

And you will be very happy to know Mister vAGGABOND that we now all own legit copies of the game and are availible for a rematch at your convince.

Maybe the mighty EED may even agree to play on a server we can get a resonable connect to next time. Your all lpbs anyway so you'll have the ping advantage no matter what.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Chaos

sorry vag your information is way off, those eed guys arent the smartest but they coulda got that bit right.
    One of players didnt have a cdkey cause he was using my installation, our other player was locked out of his room in ul smile.gif and we werent gonna play with hpbs vs lpbs on that ****e wireplay server.
    You guys wouldnt even play on the ign servers with 4 lpbs, then they wrote some chrud and gave elpres abuse on the wp server.

www.gibworld.com/chaos
    Ps 0wns U

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

Oh yeah and I'd like to say I think your clans atitude to this whole thing is a joke. I took such a loada ****e from EED when I tryed to explain the situation but all I got was talked down to. Eventually I just couldn't take any more and left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Sonic

soz nicky , riot ill leave my door open next time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

fair enough so, apologies to PS. lets give out ****e about EED then so, no point in wasting a perfectly good argument thread. now wheres that screenshot of us beating them 88-6 ..... smile.gif

I did not mention PS as I cannot be sure of facts.

TBH my point is wondering about the status of the IGN servers, but if spoon is right then were done there aswell?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Well, i have to say that EED clearly rule us all, and would never be associated with a warez copy of q3 *cough* vAGGA *cough* I just am so glad that they righteously kicked off the legitimate copy owner off their pristine server when he tried to explain where the others were.

Yes, EED rule, make no mistake about that.

eamo, btw, i've some nice boxes n documentation going cheap, if u want them, lots of flyers and everything in them, you'll love them smile.gif

If any of you lot actually reead the ****1n posts and not just looked for what parts you want to read so you can jump down someones throat..

Lets **** all clans now, OK. I dont give a **** about my clan, about your clan, or anyones ****1n clan, OK....FINE

My points was, and still ****1ng is about the IGN quake servers, that is it. I have only tried to answer various other questions after that point. As no one has 100% answered my question yet (cept spoonman i think!).

vagga, calm down, enter a random key into your q3, and try and access the EED and ign servers. i talked to cloud today and as far as he knows, the server should be kicking invalid keys, if its not, post up the server config command that turns this on, and cloud will implement it tomorrow.

noel, will you colour copy that stuff for me and send it down.
    i need it to go woth my copy of q3a coz i seem to have lost the packaging somewhere.
    conor has offered his q3 box to me just to make me feel better but he told me to bugger off 'if you think youre getting youre greedy little mitts on my no warzed, fully paid and purched q3a manual'
    tight w@nker!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Once i've 'purched' a manual no other bugger gets his hands on it tongue.gif Check your spelling from now on Eamo ffs smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 [RR]ASSASSIN

disturbed.gif

Advertisement