Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Audigy 2 Platinum Ex probs!!

• 25-12-2003 3:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭

I've had this prob for months now and I've finally decided to do something about it now coz Creative are so slow sending down a replacement sub-woofer (which i assume is the problem).

Ok heres the prob..
    None of the speakers will work or play ANY music and after spending E500 on the speaker system im totally ****ing furious. You know those volume things that come with it will when i roll the volume down to 1 and 2 there is a buzzing noise coming out of the speakers.

As I move it up to 3 4 5 volume there is no sound. Then more buzzing the higher I go after that. It is only buzzing and no music i play will work, sometimes you can faintly hear the song. There is no geeks out of the sub-woofer. Before it might leave out blasts of noise but now its after giving up completely.

I downloaded the latest drivers so its not that. I uninstalled all the software and installed agian so not that. I reformatted to see if any difference and after instaling the software again it worked for a day and it wont work anymore after that. Its the same if i uninstall all the software and install it again everything will work for a few hours but it will all give up again in the next few hours.

I desperately need any help you can give before i slam the speakers off the wall and crack the sound card in half. Thanks :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,876 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

did u go into the control panel and go in to the audio thingy and go to the properties of the speakers and select 5.1 or watever u have?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Whats the speaker system?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

Originally posted by Dempsey
    Whats the speaker system?

Its a Creative 6.1 Surround Sound speakers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Is this yours?

Ill assume that you have it connected via the "Digital Din". Make sure that the pc volume on the digital output is at maximum all the time and the volume is only adjusted on the speakers

Thats all I can think of at the moment.:dunno: Probably no help to ya

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Sir Random

Does the mobo have an onboard soundchip?
    If so, did you disable it in the BIOS and uninstall it's drivers/cp before installing the Audigy card?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

Originally posted by Dempsey
    Is this yours?

Ill assume that you have it connected via the "Digital Din". Make sure that the pc volume on the digital output is at maximum all the time and the volume is only adjusted on the speakers

Thats all I can think of at the moment.:dunno: Probably no help to ya

Yep thats them, whats the digital din?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

those speakers dont have a digital input, it cmes wit 3 minijack connections

Advertisement