Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So Many Incredible Songwriters

Options
  • 25-12-2003 5:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭

I've just Been goin through my cd collection.. I have so many albums by singer/songwriters... Mark Geary, Brendan O'Shea, Josh Ritter, Martin Finke, Roesy, Damien Rice, David Kitt and the majority of this stuff is Irish... five years ago nobody could've predicted the quality of music that was gonna come from Ireland... The Frames being the fore runners of this revolution.. i heard the thrills say the other night on the radio, the days of manufactured pop are through, send them back o singin school cos we don't want them... it's certainly lookin that way at the moment.. Simon Cowell and Louis walsh and those other ppl are gettin desperate for the success they've had with popweasels... Real music will reign in ireland once more.... this is a country rich in culture, culture which will not die out... but will keep being reborn.. Vive La Resistance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭dera

it really is marvellous isn't it?

i wish people didn't dis 'em all the time.

did you say martin finke? martin finke too. merry christmas!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Attractive Nun

Must agree with you there. Although, i'm afraid to say, I have very few songwriters in my CD collection, you can't deny that Ireland is brimming with good, talented, REAL musicians. And it's good to see.

Now, in fairness, there are still a fair few crappomatic acts out there and, with big record companies behind them and the amount of idiots in the public, they probably will resurface again in Ireland. But, for now, it's a good day to be Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

i can't wait to see the new other voices.. that show was great for unearthing some great talent first time round, i hope it does so again

Advertisement