Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to change the encryption strength in WinM03?

• 25-12-2003 8:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭

i got Amix X3i with Wi-Fi, i can't connect to my wireless router :(

when i turn the WEP off on my router and on X3, then it connects, but when i turn it on, no!

the problem is the encryption strength, i don't know where to change it in X3(windows mobile 2003) to 128

doea anyone know?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

with the built in WM 2003 ones - the length of the key entered determined which WEP strength was being used... (also have you tried toggling 'shared mode' if that's available as a setting?)

although i thought the Dell X3 had it's own WiFi config rather than the default WM 2003 ones

a good place to ask (not sure if you'll get much feedback today though!) would be the aximsite.com X3 forums... plenty of X3 WiFi issues popping up on there...

BrianG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

thanks mate!

i connected but i got another problem :dunno:

but that is in another thread

Advertisement