Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Play Christmas Sale

• 25-12-2003 12:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭

Play are having a big ol Chrimbo sale at the mo'. Lots of DVDs and games are on sale. Picked up Beyond Good and Evil myself. Lots of good bargains on the DVD side particulary.

www.play.com

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Bastards. 12 things in my shopping cart so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Picked up Resident Evil 0 for the GC and a couple of cds and dvds.
    French Connection 1 and 2 only 10 quid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 GregLake

play.com do free delivery to Ireland don't they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭silent

Originally posted by GregLake
    play.com do free delivery to Ireland don't they?

yes

on a related note - did someone ever had problems with their creditcard at play.com? first store that declined my card that they could not authenticate it, and I shop excesively often on the net. Strange. Must be because they are british

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭ROVER

DOES CD WOW HK HAVE CHRISTMAS SALE?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭silent

no, at least not yet
    is your caps button stuck at on? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Originally posted by silent
    yes

on a related note - did someone ever had problems with their creditcard at play.com? first store that declined my card that they could not authenticate it, and I shop excesively often on the net. Strange. Must be because they are british
    yes, use 00000 for your postcode. I normally use underscores but play.com don't seem to like that. Changed to a few 0's and all worked well.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭Eye

damn play and their sales, 4 dvd's, 2 cd's, and a partridge in a pear tree and i was only lookng for 1 cd when i logged in, grrrr ;)

never had a problem with credit card on play, not that it's mine coz it ain't it's my dad's but it's all good :D as for post code in alot of places you have to put in a post code even though you may not have one, if you don't put something in that may possibly affect it, i always just use EIRE for post code coz it always goes at the end of the address anyways.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭hshortt

I have had problems with Play.

Two dvd's ordered in November never arrived. I mailed their auto response email address and waited. One DVD was shipped a second time and successfully arrived. But one dvd was not in stock and they said they would credit my account. That was four and a half weeks ago. No refund, no communication and now no responses.

Shame really, cause they have otherwise been good.

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

They have a phone number, why not ring them?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

No credit card problems here, I just use my dublin postcode, e.g. D4 (Don't hit me! I'm a nice person, I swear!! :D)

The Family Guy DVD's will be worth the wait! :D Roll on series 4 in 2005, can't wait! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 353 ✭✭Boberto

Series 4?? Are you sure they're making more? I heard 3 was it because it was cancelled but that there was a straight to dvd movie coming out...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

I've bought more than 50 dvd's from play and never really had a problem.Only once two dvd's never arrived but I emailed them and got two replacements within two weeks!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Gits and their sales.

I had almost €100 worth of stuff ordered before I realised that I can't really afford such a frivilous spend. Luckily I had changed my CC details just before and put in the wrong expiry date so it was declined.

I trimmed it back to a nicer €25. Feckers :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

lol. And yes, there will be a new series of Family Guy airing in the US next year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Pinkchick03

Play.com is the best! Never had any trouble at all! I used underscores in my postcode!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,582 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

lol at their normal prices they are cheaper than shops in dublin and they put on sales it just makes me laff at all the people thinking they getting bargins in hmv etc etc :D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 634 ✭✭✭AB03

Makes me laugh when people think that play.com is sooo cheap on absolutely everything.

Godfather boxed set (on sale) : £28.99 = €42.11 + whatever postage and packaging there is

Xtra vision sale price = €40

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

eh maybe cos its free ;) and sooooooo cheap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Makes me laugh when people take one example and act all smug cos they think they've got one over on us all.
    Originally posted by AB03
    + whatever postage and packaging there is

That would be £0.

Advertisement