Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CD-rw Error

• 25-12-2003 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

running :
    windows 2000
    Nero Enterprise edition 5

and i try to do a full erase of a used cd-rw, nero checks the disc, and asks for full erase or a quick one, i select full, then i precede to select the slowest time, 2X, and then the erase starts, it gonna take about an hour which is normal, on 2X, but when it approaches the final minute, it says , remaining time : less than 1 minute, and the blue bars are almost complete, and the erase never ends, it just says like that, if im not clear on anything, please ask a question, this is really bothering me, my cd-rw drive is:
    SAMSUNG CD-R/RW SW-208B

any help much appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

ehm, full erases of cdrw's are pretty much pointless.
    just do a quick one instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭wild_eyed

it doesnt matter what i pick, full erase or quick one, when there is less than a minute left, the erase continues forever and never ends. also, if i close down the nero with force, the cd player cant be opened, and its light just flashes away looking busy, the system then need to be restarted,

i noticed that on the samsung site , the firmare updates dont cover win2000m wud this be an issue, i can burn cd's grand.
    another Q:

http://forum.firmware-flash.com/dl_firmware.php?download_id=653

how can i check to see which of the three downloads are for me?

Samsung SW-208B (1)BS04 / for OEM drives (2) BT03, or (3) BT04

Advertisement