Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Horizons - dont buy it!

• 25-12-2003 9:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭

Just a little warning about this game - dont touch it with a 10 foot pole.
    I got it free as part of buying various other games online and boy would I be pissed if Id paid money for it.

Its very buggy. Spells, skills and abilities dont refresh correctly so it makes leveling up much harder.

The Dev team dont respond at all to the customers question or problems and have sold the Euro server rights to a crowd of gits who offer no customer support at all.

You can ONLY play on the Euro servers and there empty. No chatting in towns or being able to ask other players questions. If you want to play on the yank servers with guildies from other games you will have to pay €5 extra per month! Talk about a total rip off.

On the plus side the ingame music in some towns is very good and the gfx are pretty cool.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭Sarn

I have to disagree with you there. It's worth a go if you're in between MMORPGs, the crafting system is excellent and the ability to switch classes whenever you feel like adds variety. I'm still playing it after I tried it in beta. It should keep me happy for a little while longer. The servers are filling up nicely now and people are pretty helpful. Having to pay €5 to play on the American servers is a kick in the teeth though.

Regarding the spells etc. not refreshing, that was very annoying if you didn't know the work around, but since they've patched it it hasn't happened to me again. The European tech support is bad as well, I mailed them about a login problem and I still haven't got a reply (got it fixed though). Apparently the dragons have still got a few problems if you want to play them. For an idea of pros and cons check www.tazoon.com

If you want PvP keep well away. If you buy online you can save a months subscription (if you last that long).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

Have to agree with Sarn, I seem to be playing a different game to Venom. Granted there are a few problems, but I've come across loads of people in the towns, all of whom have been helpful. Crafting system is very different, and requires a fair bit of effort to put in. I'm used to AC2, but am going to stick with it for a while at least.

Concur on the support thingy though, mailed support about a log in prob too, heard nothing (subsequently solved it myself.....)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Im not saying the game is crap guys as it does have some good points. I was just warning people who prefer to play on yank servers (myself included) that they wont be able to. But even taking the limited server and totaly crap support ( as in none) from the shower of muppets who run the euro servers into account, this game is still pretty poor in far to many places.

The Good
    Hardly any downtime.
    Lots of area's that cater for leveling up due to multiple levels of non aggro mobs.
    Kick ass music.

The Bad
    Run speed is sooooooo slow, it takes you ages to get any where.
    Crafting is boring as hell. Its a real chore to first find the materials and then get your ass back to a crafting station. The slow run speed make this even worse.
    Far to many bugs like the skills,spells and abilities buttons greying out.
    No euro server support.
    The 3 euro servers being far to empty.
    No dungeons in the game!
    Limited number of mobs, far to much looks the same.
    No ingame map.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Smeg

In defence of the game (I dont play it!) It has only recently been released. Many things mentioned in the above post will in due course be sorted, thats the whole basis of an MMORPG. They will fix bugs and implement new things as the weeks go by!

As for the support, plz dont be surprised. It anyone knows anything the compnay running Horizons is the same company that brought you Legend of Mir & Myth Of Soma!

I play Legend Of Mir which I love but for nearly 2 years the game practically ran without support, it was player initiatives that kept the game going really. Thankfully things have changed in he last 6-9 months :)

If you are intending on playing Horizons you will have to put up with the ****e support you will receive :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭toxick

i wouldnt be surpirsed...as Game Netowrk support it and the last two games they supported got run down the hill(legend of mir/myth of soma)

in the other 2 games there staff did not reply to any e-mails...got there server hacked every 1-3 months....GMs accounts get hacked meaning that items were being spawned then there was a month server rewind...server got hacked...server files got leacked everyone uses files and make p servers...user/pass gets out so mass e-mailing of new passwords..

really i wouldnt play this

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Snow

I betaed the game and tbh it really needed to go through atleast 1 more beta phase as they still hadnt sorted out a lot of bugs.

the tradeskills are interesting at first but get boring after a while because you just end up getting the same missions again and again.

tbh I found the game very boring but in beta anyway support was okay as I was given a cd key fro the yank beta and I wanted to euro beta it and they responded promptly enough although a mate of mine wants to pay on the yank serveres and they are draggin their heals with switching his account.

This game isnt for anyone who wants action and shouldnt expect there to be any action in the game.

Advertisement