Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

avi subtitles

• 26-12-2003 2:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭

mods - if this is in the wrong place feel free to move... (i suspect it is)

i have a couple of films that i got from some foriegn friends. both films are not in english. they are both avi's and both have subtitles (on the same disk) in text files. the text files simply have time references beside the text.

when i was watching these films with my mates they had a player where you could load these subtitles. its been a while and i dont know what the player was. does anyone know of media players that have this function?

i suspect that quicktime might but mine tells me that i dont have the correct codecs installed even though g-spot (for determining what codecs are needed for an avi, if u didnt already know) tells me that i have 2 perfect codecs already installed. grrr...

any ideas (bout media players that support subtitles)...?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Sir Random

Maybe DivX would do the job?
    http://www.divx.com/support/divx/guide.php

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭elmer

you need to get vobsub - works in media player

http://www.divx-digest.com/software/vobsub.html

there's a readme in there that tells you the naming conventions etc it looks for

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭gobby

thanx for the replys lads.

i found one called cv... something. turns out its the exact one that my mates used to use. now my problem is that one of the films' subtitles are in the wrong format.

thanx 4 the help :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭gobby

and just to mention that i got it from divx-digest. it seems to be quite a good site. one i definitly return to for more software.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭elmer

vobsub will probs save you the hastle of conversion - either way divx-digest will have that or the convertor to whatever format cv likes

happy watching

• Advertisement
Advertisement