Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SonyEricsson weirdness

• 26-12-2003 10:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭

I had a T68i a while back and it was flaky. I put it in for repair at the place in Sandyford and they told me it had to be replaced. I thought it was kind of drastic given that the phone worked fairly ok but did silly things from time to time.
    Anyway, I just dropped in my P800 before the holidays and called the next morning. She was very apologetic and told me that the flash chip is screwed and as it can't be replaced in the P800, they are replacing the handset! I am fine with it as it is under warranty and I guess I get a new handset (although I have to wait a few weeks) but what if it was out of warranty? I wouldn't be very happy to have to throw away an expensive phone!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

if it was out of warranty you would be paying them for the service of flashing the handset - so as it was under their care while the procedure was taking place wouldn't it be their responsibility to fix/replace it - don't see how they could just hand you back a broken phone saying sorry and leave it at that... suppose it depends on any small print they might have...

if you leave your car in for a service and they destroy the engine - don't know many people who would take that outcome as an acceptable one! - suppose it depends on the garage how easy/hard it would be to get it sorted though...

(aside: left a P800 and T610 out to Sigma / fonefix.ie for flashing recently and picked them up the next day with no problems)

might be a better question for a 'legal issues' board though (if there is one?)...

Advertisement