Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows XP and "sticky keys". How can I kill it? Arrrgh!

• 26-12-2003 2:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭

This is killing me. Everytime I hold down the shift key for disabling cdboots or using it for a game or whatever... that damn "sticky key" feature pops up. I click on "settings" to stop it but nothing happens... the dialog box just disappears immediately. The same with Cancel. Is there a file I can kill or a reghack I can use? This is driving me barmy. Arrrrgh! Anyone hate this feature? I guess it should be possible to uininstall via windows setup under disabilities etc.... :confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

control panel (set to classic view)
    accessibilty options - keyboard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭hamster

Capt'n,

I was looking for accessibilty options then keyboard but I just have keyboard and in there I just have speed setting and the driver under Hardware tab...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Hence the bit about classic view in control panel :)

Tools - Folder options - use windows classic etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭hamster

Ah yes... finally thanks! :)

Advertisement