Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New IBB Masts announced

• 26-12-2003 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I see Irish Broandband has a new press release on their site saying that Leeson St and Phibsboro are now live (though Phibsboro is called Botanic Road, Glasnevin which is weird cos I thought it was on top of the shopping centre). The release tho is dated 26th November?? I've checked the site every day for the last few weeks, so unless I was caching the page for that long, I assume it has in fact only been released in the last day or two.

Anyone know if they are actually accepting customers for these masts, and also if the Glasnevin mast = the phibsboro mast. The coverage maps for both masts aren't up as of today.

Colm

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

cool, yet another launching for those sites

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I wish they'd expand their ripwave transmitters, they'd do loads of business from people in town who live in apartments and can't put up an aeriel for wireless broadband.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

I wish they'd fix the massive ping problems, the super-slow speeds, and frequent unusability of the connection before throwing more customers on an already overburdened system.

edit: i sound so bitter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Tivoli

i find there coverage maps impossibal to read, anyone know if you can get it near the portabello bridge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by mukki
    i find there coverage maps impossibal to read, anyone know if you can get it near the portabello bridge
    At least 4 of the coverage maps indicate that they cover Portobello Bridge.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Tivoli

thanks ripwave,god i never thought paying attention in geography would be usefull some day.

i wonder will my landlord mind me walking on hs roof

Advertisement