Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My IOL BB usage monitor not updating

• 26-12-2003 7:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭

It ses

Last Login Wed Dec 10 18:39:19 2003

and

Logins 23
    Offpeak Traffic 2581 minutes
    Peak Traffic 652 minutes
    Data uploaded 1.21 GB [1302615627 bytes]
    Data downloaded 0.73 GB [785342619 bytes

And that little amount of Dload is not correct (not that im complaining)

just wondering why it may not be updating, and/or is anyone experiancing this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

mine seems around right 1,89 gig in total

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭-ADREN-

Thats odd.. cus mine is deffinatly not right.. (lo biz by the way :) )

I have a theory.. do u think that im not leaving my self 'Loged-off' long enough for it to update? Cus when I get disconnected I have auto reconnect on so that it reconnects with in 2 mins.. :/ ?

Ill give that ago later on.. to lazy to disconnect and stay disconnected .. ill either forget to reconnect on my way out.. or ill be to impatient :)

Anyways.. heh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭PaulMagrath

As best as I have been able to make out, Esat's servers send the data on how much you have downloaded when you log-off their system (hence one of the reasons for their auto-disconnect BTW). ie So if you have been online since 2am yesterday, the usage calculator will only be updated from the data sent to it whenever you disconnected before that (ie 1:59 am yesterday).

Note also that the usage calculator just because it is sent the data when you log-off does not mean it is updated (ie run) then, from what I can tell, it is only run once daily at about midnight.

iol dont seem to be auto disconnecting anymore (thank god pain in the arse playing online games when that was around)

and from my own experance iol seems to update their info once every day like paul said

oh and ello adren :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭somano

Yes you do have to be logged off for the counter to go up but I also found that when I refreshed screen it also went up

• Advertisement

Nope still no movement in my counter.. :/ still at .73 gbs dloaded, which is miles off :D hmmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

mines so ****.
    its only updates the NEXT DAY, not when i dissconnect/log off.
    so one day i`ll be on 3.43 and the next its 5.73 gb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭swoofer

mine has not updated since dec 10? have they all gone away for xmas?

gb--

hmmm mine doesnt seem to be working right either.....I downloaded 256 megs of Desert combat 0.6 and it never updated in 2 days

bah time to firer off a email i guess

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

Normally you need to start a new session for the meter to refresh, but mine's been stuck only since yesterday or the day before.

(On a somewhat unrelated note, any of you guys get disconnected for 20 mins just now?apparently it was an isp issue?)

• Advertisement

Mines still stuck :/ .. 0.73 gbs.. and im WAY way over that now :)

Just to follow up on this.

My usage reset on the 1st of Jan, BUT, its not stuck on 0.0 gbs used, and ive already dloaded 1.5gbs.. yet no more.

Dont know if i should smile of frown at this..

i sent a email to their customer care

but only got a "you should ring this number" fob off

heh, cheers m8, well im not really over concerned. If i do happen to go over 8gb, which i usually dont, and the counter still only ses 0.0, I'll just explain that it wasnt working. Though I dont think ill go over it anyhow, a) Because I dont think id break it, I mean I could if i really tried, but i never do. and b) Incase they pulled some real bs excuses on me and end up charging me.

ya its best not to risk it m8 esat would find a way to charge you lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

They dont charge you they disconnect you - for the rest of the month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

thats pathetic,
    i mean if you go over it, then youve no net ?
    where as if you were allowed to pay over usage, you could afford to pay for the -7 or -10 mb from surfing

i know this thread is almost a month old but...

My IOL usage meter hasnt reset since last Thursday and it shows Thursday as my last log in date.
    I've had my PC switched on and off several times since then, but only noticed it now.
    (I'm just concerned because whatever they dont calculate and include as this months download, they just add on to the next month - it happened to me once already).

Anyone else's meter stuck again?

Nope mine is on the dot 7.90GB on the 26th.....I might JUST make it:dunno:.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭raster

(just posted but missing)

8.50GB now still connecting as usual, will see if overcharge when next debit taken (when is first debit? connection started circa dec 20)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

both eircoms and esats usage calculator are a mess
    i believe this is why no one has been charged for going over the cap , far too inacurate to be used for billing purposes the worrying thing is esat do kick people off for a month for over usage eircom dont

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭raster

Originally posted by tuxx
    ...esat do kick people off for a month for over usage...

You mean that on 01/02/04 I mightn't be able to connect?

I dont think it's that drastic, Raster - you're not even a whole gig over the limit (although ask OfflerCroc first, he's had major sh1t with them).
    far too inacurate to be used for billing purposes

damn right !

They kick you off for the month you go over; on midnight of the 1st of the next month the internet comes back on. So I am at 7.93GB Download (upload is only 3.69GB so it's nowhere near 8GB) on the 27th if I break 8GB on the 28th I will lose the net until the 1st of Feb:mad:, b1tch needless to say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

Sorry to drag this one out of its slumber but my download monitor hasn't budged since last Saturday and I've disconnected on numerous occasions. Another quick look at my history and it's recorded Wed Jan 21 as my last login! I've logged in on numerous occasions since then. Wonder if it's anything to do with my signing up for the Advantage telephony service.

Now to get on to suprnova and download The New Testament audiobook. That'll make things so much easier for me on a Sunday :)

Advertisement