Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EED pull out of Q3league!!

Options
  • 01-02-2000 2:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭

ahahahahahahahahahahhahahahaha, more like they're afraid of the kickings they'd get off 7 or even PS smile.gif

plus their q2 team has folded after being beaten 88-6 by HIV in the ukccl. Must have a problem with the potato-chewing Micks!! (/end stir)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭shank

I thought EED had a large clan base to draw from is this not the case vagga/shinji?

the timing is interesting, seen as all the **** thats been flyin about them in the last day r two on the unreal board n that wink.gif

[This message has been edited by shank (edited 01-02-2000).]

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Spoonman

does that mean DzR might get to actually win a game in the iq3cl then smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭shank

nice one, i can stop practicin' so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

EED do have a large clan base Shank, but damn all modemers :/ - this problem arose in the WP cup last night, Manta had an 800 ping at one point (becacuse some fukwit nuked him mid-match) but we couldn't put on a sub because we plain didn't have another modem player! The IQ3CL rules, afaik, demand a 2-hpb and 2-lpb squad, and we can't field one of those... sad.gif

(BTW CT, nice stirring attempt there, but a bit let down by the fact that EED have already played Se7en... The scoreline was, ah, somewhat tipped in our favour...)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

eh.....one or two things there 4-eyes if you don't mind.
    1) Pity about ure man Manta and his momentary800 ping. When se7en played eed, the two modemers on the team were a solid 999, and even mp and sickboy were on sh!te pings on isdn.
    2) It wasn't a league match, it was a friendly.
    3) You might be in the clan, but they were all brits playing, and being one of the "conservative" Quake players i.e. take a beating on every server you're on, you can hardly use the royal "we" in this case.
    4) That was 6 weeks ago or so, they certainly wouldn't do that to us now. Do ye fancy another "friendly" ??

Zero.

Token nerd superfunhappy smiley-face to turn all insults into compliments --> smile.gif

• Advertisement

Right, I may as well reply to your points (yes, even the supid childish ones) in the order you made them...

1) I used Manta's case from last night to illustrate that we don't have enough modemers. (The fact is that he had an unplayable ping for much of one of the matches, not "momentarily".) You can take that out of context as much as you bleedin' like, but anyone with half a brain can read the post and see what I was saying.

My heart bleeds over your crappy connections, but wouldn't I be right in saying that EED then went and played you on the IGN server? Now I could be wrong there, sorry if I am, but I'm sure I remember hearing that after ye lot couldn't get decent connects to our WP server, EED played you on IGN. What else are they supposed to do, buy you all leased lines?

2) I never said it was a league match.

3) I don't play Quake, so it'd be unusual for me to take a beating on a Quake server, now wouldn't it? And whoever the hell was playing, EED are the clan I'm in, and I'll refer to us as "we" as much as I want. Go nitpick somewhere else; if thats the best you can do to rebutt something someone says, you might as well give up now.

4) I'll tell the lads Se7en want another friendly match. On an IGN server.

Ja,
    Rob aka {EED}Shinji

yeah, whatever. I actually have an excellent connection. And se7en will sh!t all over EED if we play them again.

Zero.

must....not...get...in...row...with...loner geek....

Give over and grow up, Zero. You and your bullsh1t stopped being funny a long, long time ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

I wouldn't bother Zero, EED refuse to play on Irish server even now that the admins have assured everyone its unhacked.

As for them dropping out, try not to let the door hit yis in the **** on the way out lads.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

El Pres? WTF?

Ok, I raised questions over EED's entry in the "Irish" clan league, as much to have an slagging match with Vagga as anything (for a laugh like), but this level of abuse is completely uncalled for.

EED played hard and seemed like reasonable blokes and it smacks of parochial Oirish thick-necked begrudgery to say something like that.

Cop on El Pres.

Shinji and Zero you should take your personal dislike offline, this is the third time there has been a row between the pair of ye.

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

agreed dev..

I got EED to enter because they would raise the general standard of gameplay (as teams would try extra hard to beat them if nothing else)

They saw this (and other) threads, I doubt they, or any other top UK clan will be entering a league of this nature again. And IMHO we will be the poorer for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

'parochial Oirish thick-necked begrudgery' rofl, classic quote smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

Who gives a **** EED reek of sh1t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭m1ke

you're all *****ing whines, EED would kick the **** outta se7en, PS.... every1. And I wouldn't see why they should give a ****e about such a tiny insignificant league like the iq3cl when there's bigger leagues out there, ones that don't generate so much *****ing.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

>Who gives a **** EED reek of sh1t.

Why, thank you for that insightful and thought provoking addition to the conversation Sheron. Ever the intellectual.

If writing is a window to the soul, what does it mean when someone scrawls "heheh ure all gh3y" in coloured crayon.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

lol, dev's hot tonite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Jedi

Heres the mail they sent:

Perfectly. We have only 1 modemer.

The LPB/HPB ratio is very different in Ireland so I don't begrudge you
    the rules. However it's completely unsuitable for us and we have
    enough other local leagues to play in where we need field only one modemer.

Well I bet that put a smile to all your faces. smile.gif

Sorry to have lost you guys. Maybe next season.

Tom (Jedi)

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭juNkie

EED are deadly awrigh...

yup, now I cannot play they simply do not have 2 modemers

Sorry 'bout that ladies and gents

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭EgoManiac

I suggest you all Kneel

• Advertisement

>> Shinji and Zero you should take your personal dislike offline, this is the
    >> third time there has been a row between the pair of ye.

I'm only rising him, Daddy.
    Who died and left you in charge?

zero, slaggin aside, I'd love to meet some of your teachers in secondary school, I'd say you were a classic pupil smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Vorosha

If writing be a window to the soul, close it. It's chilly in here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Vorosha

haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

It baffles me why everyone takes such fickle things so serious.....

Advertisement