Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help needed with capturing video from DV camera and more...

• 26-12-2003 10:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I really need someone to help with some basic stuff I'm trying to do. I've got a Canon DV camcorder which records to DV tapes and to memory cards. I have a full tape that I want to copy to my PC and create a DVD from it.

So, I have an AIW 7000 series card which has no DV in so I'm copying the video via the analogue method. Am also using Pinnacle Studio 8 which came with my card.

Up until having bought a DVD burner I was content with pinnacle studio but now I seem to have run into a problem. Previously I was capturing to AVI and that was cool, but now I want to change it to an MPEG2 capture and pinnacle studio starts to capture but when I click 'Stop capture' it tells me it cant open the file I just captured. When I find the file on the hard drive it is 0 bytes in size!!!

So that's my first issue although i hope to solve it by downloading the latest patch for Pinnacle studio.

Can someone please give me advice on the best method of getting my video off my DV camcorder, on to my PC and then producing a nice DVD from the resultant file?

I'm being driven insane here, have no money to buy a DV capture card and can't imagine it's this difficult for others out there.

Can anyone suggest a nice alternative to Pinnacle Studio that is as user friendly and let's you capture, edit and burn all in one app?

Or can someone suggest some tips on what I should be doing. Thanks in advance to anyone who tries to help, I'm going mad trying to figure this all out.

Advertisement