Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quake3 IGN servers for Newbies

Options
  • 02-02-2000 1:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭

Lads whoever is in control of the IGN quake3 servers (I think its Cloud)can we get it linked to the ID master server so that any newbie Irish quakers can see it and also maybe a link to #quake.ie on irc.quake.ie on the MOTD of both Q3 servers so that the new players can get involved more easily.
    What you think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭BugBlaster

Cloud .. were you not asked to have the server removed from the master server list due to the fact that the server was mainly full of foreign players all the time,????

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Overlord

K Bug i understand that but how about the ffa server being on the ID master server and leave the war server off?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

yeah the ffa one prolly should be on the masterlist, cause newbies make good rail pratice targets smile.gif

keep the war one off it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

Hmmmmm
    I interpreted that as a request from overlord and Bug was just pointing out the fact that this request contradicts a previous one from other ppl and was showing u just cant please everyone.
    I could be wrong of course because tone of voice cant be written.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Excuse me,

Bug, soften your tone their chappy, I know you dont mean to come accross as a complete w8nker, cloud takes requests at his leisure not demands.

Remember its in his free time that he does this and he doesnt get paid for it.

Your point is correct tho reguardless of how ive interpreted it.

Mind (leave daddy cloud alone) Phuck

• Advertisement
  • Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

I saw a nice welcome message with url's etc on the ffa server tonight. The trouble is the message goes off the screen and you can't read half of it.
    Is it just my machine?
    There was at least one total newbie there though -poor sod, I think he was using the keyboard to aim.

[This message has been edited by Maximilian (edited 03-02-2000).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 paw

yeah, it goes off the screen...now if it could scroll, that would be cool smile.gif

paw

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

I dunno, there's no option that I can see to set the duration of the motd display, but if you can find one let me know.

Where do you want to go inniú?

Advertisement