Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Start menu prob XP

Options
  • 27-12-2003 4:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭

when i click my start menu, i should see a list of my last used programs etc on the left (different from the "Documents" tab on the start menu also) but theres nothing, just blank!! any1 have any idea why this is happening. i know its only a small problem but its the small things that annoy you! im usin xp pro sp1 and the new start menu, not the classic one! i also reinstalled xp before, but that was for a different reason, however, still blank!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

go to start>Control panel> Taskbar and startmenu>startmenu tab>make sure start menu is ticked and hit customise>there is an option here to set how many programs it shows in the start menu.

my guess is that it's set to 0 the xp default is 6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joePC

OK easy

Right click on the taskbar / click properties / Start Up / Customize

now read under "programs" & set it to 6 / Click OK / Click Apply.

Problem solved.

Thanks joePC

• Registered Users Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

im pretty sure i tried that. ill try it again 2 be sure, but any other possibilities just in case?

Advertisement