Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wireless Network (Setup)

• 27-12-2003 5:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭

OK im setting up a wireless network 802.11g

Theres 9 comps in total (5 in room a) (1 in room b) & (3 in room c)

Heres what I got:

Net gear - DG834G X1
    Netgear_DG834G.jpg

Net gear - WG311 X 9
    Netgear_WG311.jpg

I have my 9 comps, PDC & BDC setup.

Is that everything I need???

Thanks in advance joePC

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭Lawnkiller

assuming you install everything correctly -

yes

(only thing i can thing of is possible performance issues connecting 9 machines to one access point.....but thats about it.....)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joePC

Thanks Lawnkiller,

I was thinking that myself, im gona add another access point, just to be safe........

Thanks joePC.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

Well with 802.11g and your equipment (DG834G and WG311) you can get upto 54Mbps with upto 32 users per access point so the performance cant be that bad, can it, with only 9 computers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Correct me if im wrong but as far as I know the Bandwidth to all nodes is equal so with 30 computers it would be exactly same performance as 2 computers.

by the way sci0x, I was up on me roof today and i could almost see your house i think. So maybe we could try doing that wireless network again sometime in the future :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

If all computers are going to be active on the network with some fairly decent file transfering - i.e. not just browsing the web, it may be advisable to get a second accesspoint. There is more of a performance hit with multiple pcs on a wireless network than on a wired network (with a hub). Wireless cant compare to a wired network using a switch though!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joePC

Thanks for the info everyone..........

Advertisement