Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My First PC Build

• 27-12-2003 1:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭

Hey all.
    I have been trying to order all the parts I need to begin my first PC build.
    This is what I hope to have within the next 2 weeks:

Pentium 4 2.8 Ghz 800 FSB
    Cooler Master Musketeer
    Cooler Master Aero 4 lite CPU cooler
    OCZ 1 gig PC3200 DDR
    120 Gig Seial ata
    Geforce FX 5600 256DDR
    Creative Audigy 2
    Not sure of Mobo...
    Chieftec Dragon Midi case(blue)
    Various bits n pieces.

My question is, where is the best place I can get this gear. Ive got some stuff from Komplett. I tried getting another batch from them but I had no confirmation of order from them. I was doubtful of receiving the gear after 2 weeks waiting so I cancelled. Is there any other places I can get what I need to get what I need?

Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joePC

Komplett.ie & Overclocker.co.uk are very good...........

I just did it myself there about a month ago. Basically the exact same comp except mine is a athlon xp 3000+.

I went through komplett and got most of my stuff the next day, and the rest the day after(for some reason dhl didn't deliver it all at once) which I was pretty happy with.

paid about 70 quid delivery charges though, but then again I also got a scanner which added a fair bit to the weight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

I think I'll stick with Komplett. I will have to be patient. I was waiting two weeks last time with no confirmation. Ah well.

Im going for a clear side case, and will eventually start adding cold cathodes and such. Does anybody know much about this kind of thing? I haven't tried it before and was wondering is there are any ground rules I should know before I start. I was told its easy to do. Is there any online guides?

Another query I have is can I mod my cd bezel so it matches my case? I dont wanna open the door on my Chieftec to reveal two white cd drives Ive seen ones with a flush finish that cover the whole front of the drive (looks like there is no drive). Ive also seen stickers available in varios colours but I dont know where to get em. Any ideas?

Komplett seem to be out of stock of all their case lighting all of the time. Is there anywhere else I can get them? Overclocker.co.uk is the obvious choice, but is there any Irish shops/sites with this gear.

Im all excited bout my new build. Isn't that sweet!:D

Hey all.

Now that I'm gonna build my own machine, I'm gonna sell mw Dell machine. I'm not sure what price I should sell it for so I need some suggestions please.
    Here's the spec:

Dell Dimension 4300
    P4 1.5 Ghz
    40 Gig hd
    512 SDram
    Sond Blaster Live 5.1
    64 Meg Geforce 4 MX
    24x CD Writer
    DVD Drive
    56k modem
    Lexmark Z53 printer
    Epson Perfection Scanner
    Microsoft optical mouse
    Standard keyboard
    No monitor
    Original packaging and software.

Can anyone give me an estimate?

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

What model is the scanner. Excluding that I'd say abouty €500 ish.

• Advertisement

€500 seems reasonable.

Not sure bout the scanner. I never use it. I use a digital camera for all my imaging needs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

www.jaguarcompsys.ie

AFAIK we are pritty good :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Originally posted by Loobz

Geforce FX 5600 256DDR

don't do it, its a big steaming pile of poo of a graphics card

theres much better graphics card around on the market try a 5700ultra, a radeon 9600 pro or XT or a 5900 non-ultra

Advertisement