Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Television Refresh Rate

• 27-12-2003 1:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭

Hey lads, i got one of These the other day for christmas but the refresh rate on it is dire! I think its locked at 60hz when im positive it can do 100hz.

Ive rtfm over and over and the website is just pants! Does anyone have one of these?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,813 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

it'll usually say 100hz somewhere on the tube or in the product description if it can do it. So i'd say it's a 50/60hz tv

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

From that link, I am to assume it's a 21" TV?

I would very very much doubt that it is 100Hz, and if it was it would say so somewhere on the TV as astrofool said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,301 ✭✭✭irishguy

why is a 60HZ refresh rate dire on a 21" tv? thats high most 21" tvs are 50HZ [they are normaly 50HZ and 100HZ] its just the higher grade Widescreen tvs that will have the 100HZ [alot of 32" tvs still have 50HZ] and most people cant notice the difference between 50HZ and 100HZ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,649 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

The Philips 21PT5507 is 50Hz. You didn't expect 100Hz for a €300 tele did you ;)

Advertisement