Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cd writer problem

• 27-12-2003 7:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭

just got one for crimbo.

but when i try to burn a cd it wont work. actually, it goes through the whole process, and says that burning is completedd successfully. but these cds won't work in any hi-fi, discman, or whatever. there doesn't appear to be any data on the cd.

anyone have any ideas?

(i could post up the log from one of my attempts if it would help??)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rambo

A little more info please

software package you or using and cd burner , make of cd that you or writing to

speed of machine and memory

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭treefingers

Originally posted by Rambo
    A little more info please

software package you or using and cd burner , make of cd that you or writing to

speed of machine and memory

nero express 5.5

its a benq burner. (52x24x52)

free memory on the pc? - 2GB. its an 800Mhz processer...

are you burning the discs at their max speeds? I fúcked a few up when I first started burning cd's cause i was burning cd's at 52x when they were only able to be burned at 48 and under..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

are you only doing test burns (a.k.a. simulations). That happened to me when i got my first burner.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Try a CDRW
    this will be done at a slower seed
    and you can retry

also make sure you have turned off your AV program as some can stop files getting into the buffer in time
    also do a defrag of the HDD - again for the buffer

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭sci0x

Maybe its Nero. That version ****ed up a lot for me. I got the new Nero 6 Ultra Edition and it never failed me yet :D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭treefingers

i found the problem - the jumper settings were wrong. i should have set it to slave,not master setting.

thanks anyway for the replies - they might help someone else......

Advertisement