Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

distorted sound

• 27-12-2003 8:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭

sup all..
    my sound has become distorted recently..
    when i listen to music or any time sound is playin, the sound is really low (even when i pump up the volume), and i can hear crackles from the speakers..
    even when theres no sound playin, i still hear the crackles..
    i dont kno how this happened :confused:
    i usually mess around in sound control but i hardley messed somthin up in there did i?
    i tried plugging headphones into the comp but the same thing happens.. therefore it cannot be the speakers..
    im using on board sound in my msi mega pc..
    i hav updated my drivers and it didnt fix anythin..
    anybody got any suggestions to fix the problem :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭[nicK]

bumpity bump*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

Try updating directX to 9.0b.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭[nicK]

we had already updated directx to 9.0b, its nothing to do with that

the sound is getting progressively worse all the time, at the minute the sound can only be faintly heard at full volume.

any other suggestions? or ideas as to what the problem is?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

It sounds as if your on-board sound is slowly dying have you tried the sound accelaration?, put it up to max settings(including recording not just playback) mute all other channels that are not being used and turn up the volume to max on both wav and volume control....see what happens next.

Advertisement