Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What books did you get for Christmas ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

i got the tortilla curtain by TC Boyle & the little friend by donna tartt. started the latter and its great so far...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Q_Elexra

I was lucky enough to recieve Terry Pratchetts 'The Truth'. The only problem was that it ended. I need something to fill the void it left. I tried 'Life, The Universe And Everything' but it's just not the same.

As for buying something for myself I picked up a copy of 'Legends' while in Chapters on Friday. Haven't got round to reading it yet though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

oh yeah, i also got Philip Pullman (or something to that effect) - His dark trilogy

looks rather... erm... weighty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Beëlzebooze

Pointed to the books I wanted, in the bookshop, and Herself bought them for me for christmas :-)
    She is really sweet

Batavia's Graveyard - Mike Dash (absolutely brilliant)
    Family Feud - Anthony Galvin (bit of a muddle, but give you an insight as where not to go in Limerick :)
    Blow Fly - Patricia Cornwell (this is the last Scarpetta book I am going to read, she is starting to bore)
    Chickenhawk - Robert Mason (I read this a while ago, but it was not my copy, and I felt I needed to have my own copy on the bookshelf)
    Anne Frank: the diary of a young girl. - Anne Frank I saw a program about research into who betrayed the Frank family, that made me aware that I have never read this courageous girl's diary.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I got The Silmarillion by JR Tolkin in a box set
    very happy with it, I be :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement