Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4 megapixel camera - 89 euro!

• 27-12-2003 9:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 707 ✭✭✭

Got one of these in Dunnes stores "sales shop" in moore mall of all places in the Ilac Center.

I havent seen these in any other dunnes, or any other shop at all actually. They had a good few in stock.

Trust 820 LCD Powercom Zoom

16 megs built in memory (only 64 low res or 8 high res shots)

Expandable with SD cards (54 euro for 128 meg - will do 70 high res shots or 200+ 1 mp shots - peats)

Video mode (640x480) with sound @ 20 FPS - quite good, I watched mine on a TV and it was great !

Mac + PC compatiable.

Webcam on PC

TV out

USB 2.0

x4 digital zoom (1 & 2 Mega pixel mode only)

Tung / Flourecent color correction and brightness control.

LCD viewfinder and normal viewfinder to save batteries.

Comes with stand and carry case batteries n all cables

Review - quality is great for outdoors,but be wary using it indoors with a flash (can be used without) , distance is good espessially with up close subjects, but for the price - GREAT !

Laters

Steve

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 634 ✭✭✭AB03

looks like a good bargain alright
    found this review here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,426 ✭✭✭ando

Are the images as good as the following (324KB) :

http://homepage.eircom.net/~anderson2002/misc/DSCF0044.JPG

The only reason I'd be getting the camera would be for the better sound/video and tv out, but it would have to take pics at least as good as my camera. Another pic, indoor:

http://homepage.eircom.net/~anderson2002/misc/DSCF0002.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 634 ✭✭✭AB03

theres sample pics taken with it on that review's second page

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

The picture quality is decent. I've a 3mp Trust one and the IQ is dire. This one looks a lot better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 GregLake

http://www.komplett.ie/k/kl.asp?AvdID=1&CatID=14&GrpID=1&t=825&l=2

Komplett has the old model of this camera for €134 so this looks like a good deal, buy buy buy!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 707 ✭✭✭deevey

PICS HERE (near 1mb)

Ok here's idea of what kinda pics the camera takes indoor, in the right and default setting, for close up objects the flash totally wipes out the image as shown - so i found that "skinning it" (literally) with ciggarette paper worked a treat :)

My room really isnt big enuff to take anything further than 5 ft away so no matter what I'm going to get wipeout in here without skins.

Outdoor photos worked a charm and looked as good as the one posted, i didnt save em earlier, was too busy playing with it n all that and erased the pics.

Alright for 90 quid i think

Laters

Steve

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,429 ✭✭✭BrianD3

The picture quality is extremely poor for a 4 mp camera. I had an old 1.3 mp Olympus and the quality was about the same as those pics in the review. Still I guess you get what you pay for. If it were me I would save up a bit more and get a 2 mp camera from a major manufacturer, they're pretty cheap these days.

BrianD3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Originally posted by BrianD3
    The picture quality is extremely poor for a 4 mp camera. I had an old 1.3 mp Olympus and the quality was about the same as those pics in the review. Still I guess you get what you pay for. If it were me I would save up a bit more and get a 2 mp camera from a major manufacturer, they're pretty cheap these days.

BrianD3

Thats very true.

I've found a lot of compact cameras flash is too harsh, and use tape or tissue in front of the flash to disperse it a bit better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,426 ✭✭✭ando

i think I'll be passing on this one. There's a lot of noise in the pictures

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 GregLake

Originally posted by BrianD3

BrianD3

I don't know about that, I was using a Canon A60 which goes for about €300 and the picture quality is pretty much the same. I think it's perfect as an introduction to digital photoography or for someone who doesn't want to spend €100's on a camera. The only problem with it is that it only comes with 16mb's of memory but there is the upshot of it being able to act as a portable HD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,429 ✭✭✭BrianD3

I don't know about that, I was using a Canon A60 which goes for about €300 and the picture quality is pretty much the same. I think it's perfect as an introduction to digital photoography or for someone who doesn't want to spend €100's on a camera. The only problem with it is that it only comes with 16mb's of memory but there is the upshot of it being able to act as a portable HD.
    You can get a Canon A60 for 205 quid from komplett. It's a 2 mp camera and it has optical zoom. I'm surprised that you found this camera giving the same quality as that Trust. Althought the Trust has 4 mp vs 2 mp for the Canon, the Canon's quality optics and CCD should more than make up for the difference in pixels. I'm not a fan of the cheap cameras at all as you can guess. I think cameras should be treated a little differently than most other electronic items. For instance, I probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference between a 50 quid DVD player from LIDL and a 300 quid one from a known brand - but when it comes to cameras I'd always go for a quality brand even if it means paying more.

BrianD3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

I'm thinking of the Kodak Easyshare CX 6230, has anyone any views?? PS Komplett seem to have the best price :):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Sparky191

All more pixels gives you is a bigger NOT better picture. Which why often a decent 2mp is much better than a budget 4mp camera.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

As Sparky191 says the extra megapixels get you bigger pictures and if you have a 5 megapixel camera you will probably just take pictures at lower resolution anyway to conserve memory so its not a big deal, what it does is give you the option. This camera seems like a good bargain, there is no optical zoom so I wouldn't get hung up on getting a brand name, the technology is getting fairly standard for a basic camera.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭muffen

I think this is a good deal... 89 euro is really nothing... even if it turns out to be a really crap camera, you can always give it away and make someone happy... I'm heading down there now to pick one up .. thanks for the tip :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 707 ✭✭✭deevey

I took a hullofalot of pics over the past few days and as has been pointed out 2mp big brand name cameras will give better overall results and no messing due to better optics etc.., you do get what you pay for.
    What else could you get for 89 euro though, under normal circumstances that amounts to 7x half decent throw away cameras + processing - and then alot of scanning, er no thanks.

Like most anything cheap, it works well if your willing to tinker to get the desired results.

Outdoor daylight/dusk pics look fantastic, really crisp, with little difference between my mates 350 euro sony. Indoor pictures take some getting used to and so far I's Still re-taking shots 3 or 4 times mainly close range ones "just to be sure" with different settings but getting decent results, avi capture is quite good, only downside being that you cant listen to the audio until your'e plugged into a computer.

I highly reccommend getting a memory card ASAP though the 16 megs built in is a silly amount of space, 128 megs is only bout 50 quid and can take 350 low res or 69 high res snaps - better than the 35 low res or 7! high res possible with the built in memory.

Still a bargain in my book, and cheaper than a flash drive and a fancy webcam if nothing else.

teams up well with my 50 quid DVD player and Aldi widecreen TV :D

Laters

Steve

Advertisement