Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Modem Cable

• 27-12-2003 10:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭

Hi folks,
    Just wondering has anyone ever come across this problem with modems. Normally I would use any cable lying around i.e. telephone(4 wires) or modem(2 wires) for connecting my computer's 56K modem to the telephone wall socket with out any problems. However today I was working on a machine that would only connect via a modem cable. They were trying to connect via a telephone extension lead.
    Thanks in advance,
    Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 897 ✭✭✭tonky

Yep, had a lot of that with Winmodems, can't remember what the cause was, something to do with Master Sockets... Used to carry a couple of adaptors (4 wire to 2 wire, telecom box with a short length of cable) in the tool case.

Advertisement