Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVD+R 20 for 15 euros in Compustore sale...

• 28-12-2003 12:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭

SAw this in the irish times (27th Dec) and went up to the local Compustore to buy some and laugh at the rest of the overpriced stock they have.

Couldn't find any on the shelves so asked and was told that the offer was valid and the discs should be on the shelf.

Went looking, found two packs of 10 memorex DVD+Rs and decided to try my luck instead of a single pack of 20. Went up to the counter, to the EXACT SAME GUY I'd asked 2 minutes previously about the offer and he suddenly claims there's no offer!!

Not only are compustore over priced but their staff are weird!
    Anyway, I said it was in the Irish times and he said 'oh ok then!' like he was doing me a big favour and gave me the two packs for 14.99 just like their big one-page ad says they should cost.

Anyway, at 75 cents a disc it seems like a good buy.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 989 ✭✭✭MrNuked

I thought the staff there were weird too. They do act like they're doing you a favour to speak to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Must go in tomorrow and have a look around in the Cork store.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭tribble

I thought the staff there were weird too. They do act like they're doing you a favour to speak to you.

That's what you get when you pay your staff peanuts (min wage) and ensure the only way they can make few cent more is to hit an unrealistic target.
    NO 70 % of the target, NO commission.

There is no commission on Disks/ Consumables/ Pretty Much Anything 'cept PC's/Printers/Scanners.

The DVD's?, fuk off - they're over there.

tribble

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

what else would you expect from the McDonald's of the IT industry. it's about as low as you can go as far as a career in IT goes. if you can even call it that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,649 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Originally posted by vibe666
    it's about as low as you can go as far as a career in IT goes

I have found PCworld is even lower than that ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭herbie747

At least PC World actually have stock.

The worst has to be that "PC Superstore" chain. Useless staff, and empty shelves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭Atreides

Hmm their probably 1x knowing them. Not that great a bargin when you can buy a pack of 25 for 17 sterling at 4x

Advertisement