Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Project Gotham Racing 2... AAARRRGGHH!

Options
  • 28-12-2003 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭

I was so looking forward to this game having played the first one (and even MSR) extensively and was really hoping it would be the improvement all the reviews seem to think.

But alas the same fatal flaw that so screwed up PGR1 is still apparent in this version although not quite so bad (but still enough to totally piss me off :( ).

I got this Xmas day and have been playing a couple of hours a day, am already up to rank22 with about 240,000 kudos and around 100 tokens to spare but the ugly ai is rearing its' head already.

The interaction between the cars is still *far* too sensitive to the point that one wrong move and you can kiss that game goodbye. I just had to play one of the arcade levels three times over just to get silver because one car in particular seemed to be intent on coliding with me and causing a spin. No matter *what* I try the ai is skewed to aggresive driving to the point of trying to nail you, not just pass you.

It's damn frustrating since although it's not as bad as in PGR1 it's happening frequently enough to mean for Gold medals or above I'm resorting to restarting the level each time it happens as there's no hope in hell of regaining pole position (ffs 4 times it happened I went from 1st to 6th in seconds after the slightest nudge from the no2 car and I ended up 180 degrees around!).

Shame on Bizarre for letting this slip by esp since they acknowledged this problem made PGR1 all but unplayable in the later chapters.

Sorry for the rant but It's been really annoying on some of the levels I'm on now.
    :mad:

(at least my broadband should be installed in a few weeks and I can enjoy playing it over xboxlive... apart from the above it's still a pretty good game.)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

PGR2 has a single player mode???? where... :)

Advertisement