Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK broadband in Ireland???

• 28-12-2003 2:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 532 ✭✭✭

can i connect to broadband through a UK broadband provider? if i had all the equipment & broadband connection set up here with eircom could i then go on to subscribe to a UK broadband provider???

some are as low as £15.99 per month! another example of rip-off Ireland!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

hahahah
    No. Eircom would charge you ~€40 a month anyway (actually thats a rough estimate, but its something like that) and then, even if a uk company took you on, it'd be £12.99 after that. I'd say £12.99 is a limited promotional offer, cos i'd say thats what BT would take out of your subscription per month to a UK isp.

Theres no way a UK broadband provider would take you on. They'd have to get a leased line between ireland and the UK for you, and that would cost alot.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Originally posted by muffinhead
    some are as low as £15.99 per month! another example of rip-off Ireland!

Yes and the 15.99's are 150K connections, not full 512K connections and imho I do NOT reffer to a 150K connection as broadband.

Generally speaking a 512K connection in the UK will cost around £27+, a 1MB @ £34 and so on
    Obviously this depends on the provider...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭andrew163

Satellite.... Most likely, but be warned of the 500ms pings if you're planning on gaming. If thats what you;re looking for you might be able to find a cheaper package from Germany or France...

Land-line based.... no

Wireless...... Maybe if you live very close to northern Ireland you MIGHT pick up a signal, otherwise no... Even if you can get a signal, the legal end of things might be a bit complicated :confused:

Advertisement