Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Logitech MX900 for games

• 28-12-2003 5:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭

I'm gonna be getting a new mouse as im tired of trying to clean the rolers and ball of my intellimouse and was wondering if the mx900 was worth getting for games, or should i just get the mx700

I'm really interested in the bluetooth but if it isn't good for fps's then i'll just go for a different mouse

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

I'm using the MX500 for games, tis tough to get used to, but it seems nicer and nicer the more you play! The 700 is just the wireless version of the 500.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

i love my mx500, no complaints whatso evar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Caffine

iv a mx700 myself, works a treat for me, but one of my friends finds it quite heavy because of the batterys in it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joePC

MX900 - Havent heard of that yet

The MX700 is perfect for games, Ive had no probs so fare.............

mx700.jpg

Thanks joePC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

im planning to get a mx 700 i have a 500 and think its brillent. never heard of the 900 tho will go look

seems to be a blue tooth version of the 700 . sure go for it . cant hurt u becides ur bank balance . 119 euros tho . and the 700 version is cheaper and dose the same thing . but if money is no objection ... sure why not

• Advertisement

the mx900 is the 700 with bluetooth afaik, as elexes the 700 would do the same job for cheaper :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Sparky191

Wireless or Bluetooth. Which has the neater most compact connection to the PC. I think one of these would be very handy with a laptop but don't want a wireless/Bluetooth mouse if the part that connects to the PC is awkward.

Originally posted by joePC
    MX900 - Havent heard of that yet

The MX700 is perfect for games, Ive had no probs so fare.............

mx700.jpg

Thanks joePC

the pic there, thats the mouse in the cradle, the cradle(bottom bit) sits on the desk or whereever, in my case its halfway accross the floor to stop the signal getting interference, the cradle has a wire out the back of it that connects to the usb port of pc

the cradle is the same for 900 as it is for the 700, just got a blue button insted :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,582 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i was thinking of getting the mx700 but i want to try it out first before buying any1 know where i can do this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

I also love my MX500, although the wire can get a tiny bit annoying at times. I use a very low sensitivity for games and sometimes the wire can get in the way. I would go with the MX700, although I've heard that you can get signal interference from other wireless sources, even though there are a number of channels that you can use. Another gripe people have with the MX700 is that you have to constantly recharge it, although I don't specifically know how long the battery life might be. The MX700 is also quite bulky - but I'm sure I would get used to it if I was using it a lot.

I don't know a great deal about the MX900, but this review seems helpful. Basically the main difference is that the MX700 is RF (i.e radio frequency) whereas the MX900 uses bluetooth. That means that unless you are using 802.11 wireless technologies, you won't notice any interference, and even in these cases the interference is practically negligable (although reports differ).

In a nutshell, the MX500 should be good enough for you (IMO) but if you really want to go HARDCOER, then you could splash out on the MX900, if you have the cash to burn.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

some people find the mx700 too heavy for comfortable gaming.

Umm the laptop I was thinking of getting one for has WiFi and I was hopping to configure a WiFi network at home. That might be a problem. Though the fact that its a Bluetooth hub might be handy. I wonder would it work with the Nokia Bluetooth on a 6310i?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭seanos

Firstly Mouse with bluetooth on a phone ? ... dont think that'd work

secondly 6310i's bluetooth is a bad implementation ... Only option for bluetooth is to search for "Audio Devices", it does not pickup other bluetooth phones, comps,pda's etc, however recognises other devices trying to connect to it [and can pair them ...]

Originally posted by Sinnocence
    Firstly Mouse with bluetooth on a phone ? ... dont think that'd work

secondly 6310i's bluetooth is a bad implementation ... Only option for bluetooth is to search for "Audio Devices", it does not pickup other bluetooth phones, comps,pda's etc, however recognises other devices trying to connect to it [and can pair them ...]

The mouse charging station (not the mouse itself) acts a hub. I was thinking the 6310i would connect to that not the mouse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

It's not that i have money to burn, but i was going for gimmick value aswell as a good quality gaming mouse.....I think i'll go for the mx 500 since they are all 800 dpi mice

thanks for the input peeps

Originally posted by swiss
    I also love my MX500, although the wire can get a tiny bit annoying at times. I use a very low sensitivity for games and sometimes the wire can get in the way. I would go with the MX700, although I've heard that you can get signal interference from other wireless sources, even though there are a number of channels that you can use. Another gripe people have with the MX700 is that you have to constantly recharge it, although I don't specifically know how long the battery life might be. The MX700 is also quite bulky - but I'm sure I would get used to it if I was using it a lot.

I don't know a great deal about the MX900, but this review seems helpful. Basically the main difference is that the MX700 is RF (i.e radio frequency) whereas the MX900 uses bluetooth. That means that unless you are using 802.11 wireless technologies, you won't notice any interference, and even in these cases the interference is practically negligable (although reports differ).

In a nutshell, the MX500 should be good enough for you (IMO) but if you really want to go HARDCOER, then you could splash out on the MX900, if you have the cash to burn.

theres a cordelss keyboard, another cordless mouse in the room next to mine and a cordless mouse in the attic above mine and i dont get interferance, only time i had problems was when i was finding somewere to put the reciever, couldnt put it on desk because moonitor takes up the whole thing, beside the tower the speakers interfered with it so its on the ground now about 1ft from a speaker,

batterys are very good, i get 3 days use out of mine before they die, but i put it on the cradle every 2 nights and they never run out when i need um, charge very fast too, cant rember how long but its somthing like 40mins or an hour

it is bulky but i use it without a mouse mat on wodden desk and it just glides, iv gotten so used to it i can use another mouse, same with corded mice i jsut cant use them anymore im so used ot it cordless

sure the 500 would do fine tho :)

damn edit button moved i swear :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

I just made my own way to keep the mx500 wire out of the way. There's a table in front of where have the mouse that is a bout 6 inches higher up, stuck a Dell microphone holder to it and ran the mouse cord thru it, adjusted length till it was comfortable, could move to all far corners of mouse pad, and never got in the way, and taped it into the holder. Works a treat Just like using a wireless now, never get caught and can cover more space than needed. Quality! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭bla

i have the mx 700 mouse and tbh i think the weight of it is perfect , i always liked a heavyer mouse

as for the 900 version i dont know if the mouse runs on bluetooth or if its just a bluetooth hub but for an extra 100€ (wireless keyboard+mouse set) i decided to get the 700 one and it was 1/2 the price

Originally posted by Einstürzende
    I just made my own way to keep the mx500 wire out of the way. There's a table in front of where have the mouse that is a bout 6 inches higher up, stuck a Dell microphone holder to it and ran the mouse cord thru it, adjusted length till it was comfortable, could move to all far corners of mouse pad, and never got in the way, and taped it into the holder. Works a treat Just like using a wireless now, never get caught and can cover more space than needed. Quality! :D

thats a good idea :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Umm I think for laptop use a wired mouse would be less bulky. Since its one less thing (base station/charger) to carry around with you. I think I'll stick to my Logitech Dual Optical for the time being. I have seen some mice that have a base station a bit like one of those USB memory sticks. That would a lot handier.

u also need to plug the cradle into a mains, so if u wanted to use your lappy on a train u culdnt use the either of the cordless ones :)

Advertisement