Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question for anybody that got 100% items in Metroid Prime...

Options
  • 28-12-2003 5:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭

i've got as far as the phazon mines, kicked the elite pirates ass, then gone on a couple of rooms, where something that doesn't show up on any of my visors starts firing missiles at me:dunno:
    after slogging through and failing this section twice (there are no save points between the start of phazon mines & where i got to). i decided to backtrack and pick up any energy tanks that i'd missed.

there is one in magmoor caverns, in transport tunnel a.
    i've tried getting it at least 100 times, you need to do a double bomb jump in the morph ball, which i've only managed to pull off properly twice. after you get up to the next ledge from doing this bomb jump, you have to do another double bomb jump, failing this results in you falling in the lava and having to start at the first double bomb jump:mad:
    is there an easier way to do this, or an item you get later (like the spring ball in super metroid) that allows you to get this energy tank easily?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Nope, thats the only way. There is a method of timing it.... Listen to the drum in the background music. It has 4 beats. On each drum beat, do the following sequence: Bomb, Wait, Bomb, Bomb. You'll get it then :)

- Dave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

ahhhh.
    any excuse for me to turn up the norfair... i mean... magmoor music :)
    i'll have another crack at that with renewed vigour

my god, i have no sense of rhythm!:dunno:
    managed to get to the third and final jump...
    cheers TmB, that was excactly what i was looking for. now all i need is the patience to do it...

/edit
    /me gives TmB a big sloppy kiss:)
    finally got the dirty bastard!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Oh TMAN, the thing you cant see is easy to kill, you just need to choose the rigth weapon.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

:p

• Advertisement

yeah, just managed to beat it with a few charged up wave beams.
    the last 2 times i got there i was down to my last tank of energy & 0 missiles :/
    the 3 energy tanks that i missed seemed to help:)

the thing thats baking my noodle at the mo is: how do i get full scans if i couldn't see that invsisible sentry drone thingy...

bah, i didn't scan any of the weapons before i picked them up, i guess i'll have to start again to get 100% scans...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Wat do you get if you get 100% scans on Metroid Prime??

apparently you get the 2nd out of 4 picture galleries (you unlock the 1st one by getting 50% scans)

another question:
    is the 100% items ending worth striving to achieve?

i've finished the game with 98% and finding the last 2 items is slowly driving me insane.
    i've abandoned that for the moment and started a new game on hard mode.

i can see myself replaying the final boss battle multiple times, just to catch another glimpse of herself:)
    (dammit, where's the "in love" smiley)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

is the 100% items ending worth striving to achieve

Well if you want the 100% ending yes. It hints what's happening in MP2 I *think*. It only lasts for around 10 seconds so don't be expecting too much.. I loved playing it through again though, think it was the only game I've ever played three times through right after each go. I NEEDED that 100% ending or I couldn't live with myself :) Never bothered with 100% scans though, some of them you only get one chance to get and if you miss it you have to start again, sounded too stressfull for me, wasn't doing it just for a lame gallery I wouldn't even look at either.

• Advertisement

/me kicks the piece of **** printer
    work damn you!

yeah, i didn't realise that certain enemies only appear during certain boss battles (a strain of the war wasps during that flamethrower battle...)

ah well, i guess i'll go hunting for the remaining 2 items...

Advertisement