Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bertieisms

Options
  • 28-12-2003 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78,412 ✭✭✭✭

I Include this for the first quote.

http://www.thepost.ie/web/Home/Document%20View%20Business/did-908057039-pageUrl--2FBusiness-2FNews-Features.asp
    The fine art of fudge
    21/12/03 00:00
    By Pat Leahy

"We were always dead against the war." - Bertie Ahern, December 12, 2003

"We are not going to apologise for any small role we may have played in helping to remove a dictator who made his people suffer for 20 years, carried out horrific acts and didn't care about democracy. He is gone now, and thank God for that." - Bertie Ahern, May 28, 2003

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,412 ✭✭✭✭Victor

"Bin taxes are a way of life." - Bertie Ahern after anti-bin tax protesters blocked rubbish collection in Blanchardstown

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Beer Baron

I don't remember the exact wording but I remember a newsman asked McCreevy something along the lines of, "well don't you think Minister...?"

To which he replied

"Aaah, aah, we're not the centre of the universe when it comes to thinking."
    Perhaps Fianna Fail aren't but thanks for the great endorsment of our country there Charlie.

Advertisement