Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graphics card advice rqd...

• 28-12-2003 8:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 17

ok, heres the deal. I need to get a graphics card simply cos my current one doesnt have a tv out.

Your suggestions on what card to buy would be welcome based on the following:

1. I am NOT a gamer - i watch sat tv and the odd avi on this machine and thats it.

2. I run a dvb satellite card and a better graphics card will more than likely help out here as the sat card has no resources of its own worth talking about.

3. I dont want to spend much €€€ - seems to me that it makes no sense to go for a top end card seeing as its potential will never be realised...so im just looking to upgrade to a point where im still getting value for the upgrade...

Heres the machine specs:

1.1Ghz AMD Athlon
    ECS k7s5a motherboard
    768 DDR Memory

Current graphics card:

Nvidia Riva TNT2 model 64
    64MB

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,985 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Most cheap card with a TV-Out will do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joePC

Ge-Force 4 MX440 64/128Mb would do you can pick them up for about €50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭MagicBusDriver

Get an ATI catd. They usually have better tv-out. Look at overclockers.co.uk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

ati 9200 imo or a gf4 ti 4200

Advertisement