Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATHLON processors???? up to a gig?

Options
  • 30-01-2000 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭

lads,
    Im loookin fer a new pc. and i came across an ad in an english comp mag....athlon 1000hz with 256ram and the geforce card,

I know the processor is possibly only overclocked but still, it looks nice, anyone know of a place selling machines of this spec here?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

no place sells 1ghz pcs here yet to my knowledge..
    fastest would be the .16 Athlon 800 which is the chip that overclocked gets the 1gig.
    it should do close to 900 without all that igloo ****.
    prices for that are about $800 dollars at the mo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

BugBlaster I can build you a good athlon comp at a lowish price.
    Kali its .18 not .16
    and if you think you'll only get 100MHz ot of it think again. my week 43 .23 550MHz athlon is runing at 700 with a g-force in agp x2 mode with no probs. could get higher but that means changing the L2 speed

I pulled the plug on Dublan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Slosh

Over 5k buggy, the cooling unit is pretty hot stuff smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭BugBlaster

Yeah brian... had a look at the details of the carrera kyrotech one... runs at 1395 mhz...hot!!! stuff... its built into its own fridge unit, u must start up first before the PC.
    smile.gif
    hot!!!! stuff http://www.carrera.co.uk/EdSystem/WebSysFolderDetail.cfm?ItemCode=153740&CurrentCode=110295

Bug

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

hmm seems Intel wont be selling 1Ghz cpus till oct/nov at least.
    reckon if ye bought that it would be the fastest for at least 8 months ..
    whens the last time you could buy a pc where youd be assured of that now smile.gif

• Advertisement
Advertisement