Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Phone Repairs without receipt???

• 28-12-2003 9:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭

I have an N-Gage about a week which I got from Gamestop.com, I threw out the Invoice and I now need it repaired. I was listening to the radio on loudspeaker and it went silent, I can't here any ring tones or loud stuff but I can here the keypad tone's, etc.

Proof of the sale is on my credit card statement, is this enough to get it repaired for free? What do I do now?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

Someone at Fonefix said that they don't need the receipt/proof of purchase when repairing a phone under warranty as they check the manufacture date of the phone to check if its under a year old. Anyway the nGage hasn't been around any longer than just a few months. Apart from that, credit card receipts tend to be just as good as invoices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Since I bought the phone off the net how do I get it repaired for free?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

www.mprc.ie or www.fonefix.ie - Email their support and they'll give you details (if it's not on their site of course).

There good links that you posted conZ but I really don't want to post my phone because, knowing my luck, something will probably go wrong. I know you can bring the phone to mprc in sandyford but thats a bit far. Is there anywhere around Grafton Street that will do it for free?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

Isn't there a Nokia service center somewhere in Dublin? There's one in Cork anyway, they do warranty repairs (ie. for free) as far as I know. I had an 8210 screen fixed there a few years ago.

• Advertisement

I just collected my phone from the Telephone Centre in Dawson street unrepaired. They said it was a series/level 3 fault and they had to send it off to get fixed. They then rang up the other repair place and they were going to repair it only it was bought in The US so had no warranty. I asked could they repair it and I would pay and they just refused.

Do you think mprc will do it and how much would you say it would cost?

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭Faltermyer

Fonefix/Sigma will repair without proof of purchase, so long as its within manufacturers waranty, which for most major manufacturers is 15months from date of manufacture(usually on back of phone, or else in phone software).

They updated the firmware on my SE T610 which I bought off Ebay UK.

As for it being bought in the US, that could be a different story.
    I would call Nokia Ireland to check.
    Their helpline is 1850 923206

i e-mail mprc and fonefix and mprc said they do not repair N-Gages, No reply from fonefix.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

damn useless phone repair centre:mad:
    my old 3510 was blocked for no reason (i didn't know this at the time, o2 customer care has since fixed it for me ((eventually)) and i brought it in there...the nice friendly lady told me she'd take it away and make it better...

got it back in 2 days with nothing different except the "software has been upgraded". it was just as not working except no longer held my phone book or the important texts i'd been cherishing for the last 6 months (currently using a phone without an archive so i've become less sentimental :) )

anyway, tip for anyone who suspects their phone may be blocked. do not call o2 customer care as nobody on the line has any idea what this is and refers you to the 02 shop who refer you to phone o2 customer care who....etc...etc..etc (eventually typed an e-mail explaining in graphic detail what had happened, when and for how long, where i'd gone & every detail about my phone...they fixed it...now i'm sick of the phone/network and it lives in a drawer)

sorry...that was kinda off topic and unhelpful wasn't it...just...cos you mentioned phone repair centre...okay, i'll leave..

Advertisement