Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

quake3-1.ign.ie and esat nolimits

Options
  • 30-01-2000 8:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭

every time I use it I get a prob with the connection. dose any one else have that prob?

I want to play online now god damm it( and not have to pay much for it)

I pulled the plug on Dublan :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Idea - Since the IGN servers are hosted by Eircom, why not get an eircom account for the matches and use that ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

ESAT works fine on the servers, sometimes the pings can b a tad high and irregular, but its reasonably playable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭The Anarchist

I get the exact same prob with that sutty ( just ask Phil How bad it is) But hey look at it this way 17 quid a month aint bad for unlimited access to everything else!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

I've found esat are usually quite bad (ping wise) before 10pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

Sutty, get an eircom a/c for playing quake and use Esat for everything else.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

yup use eircom for games
    25p a game

• Registered Users Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

MP and Elpres trying to keep the old phone bill down here. Elpres you know how hi my last few bills where.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Gerry

Well then leixlip computers can be your full
    time job. get posting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭The Anarchist

I could'nt agree more brenno, A multi-millionaire like yourself and Leixlip Computers Could Actually Introduce PC's into this Country And Mabey Even The World Go For It Sutty ( You'll even get away with claiming the dole)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Gerry

For Fu<k sake sutty the bill will not be high if you don't go online during the day. And if you get an eircom a/c and JUST use it for
    quake 3, well that won't be too expensive either.

• Advertisement

did i forget to tell you that i just quit work today gerry?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Ex_hale

the reason youre having problems and bad pings with esat in the evenings is cause after 6pm (off peak) all the users flood on and consume the bandwidth so unless you wanna stick it out get yourself and eircom account and use that for playin quake (costs more but hey you get what you pay for wink.gif esat is usually grand for playin quake after 1-2am but im sure yez are all tucked up in bed by then right? smile.gif

look at the time that this was posted at

I'M JUST BACK FORM WORK!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

And it's not off peak anymore!

6.00pm - 8.00am is off peak - our telephone system is ****e

Advertisement