Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ati Tv-Out

• 28-12-2003 11:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭

I have a radeon8500 in a shuttle im using here, the tvout works ok but only when a monitor is connected to it ! If I disconnect the monitor the tvout works right up to the windowsxp loading screen and cuts out just before getting to the desktop.. just wondering if anyones come across this. Iv got the latest catalyst drivers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭GavinJCD

Under the display properties click advanced. This will of course bring you to the ATI control panel....under displays force output to the TV. Never tried it now but that's tyhe first thing I would do.

Gav

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

might be down to resolution. have you tried setting it to 640x480? just a thought.

That's a possibility also, though I would have thought that the driver would be smart enough to switch it itself. The driver is probably forcing the card back to the VGA output.

One of these ideas will probably help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

Iv tried that on the displays section. I have the monitor output disabled and the tvout enabled..
    The res on the tv will only go as low as 800x600. :confused:

Not a lot you can do about that....TV's arn't meant to do much more than display TV...they can't sync to multiple resolutions. 800x600 is probably as good as you're gonna get.

• Advertisement
Advertisement