Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Delete recently viewed files in WMP

• 28-12-2003 11:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭

Does anyone know how to delete recently viewed files in Windows Media Player (not sure which version, I got it on XP a few months back):confused:

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,985 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

REGEDIT4

[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Player\RecentFileList]

Write that in notepad, and save as .reg

Works on mine and a few others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

That should work, but if you don't wanna mess aboot in the registry yourself you could try the "Safe XP 1.03.12.27" link on this page.

There's an option to disable recently viewed files as well as some other nifty things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,349 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

I've media player 9 installed on Windows 2000, in that you can go to Tools > Options and there's a Privacy tab and in there is a section called History. You can clear the recently viewed files or else stop MP "remembering" the files altogether in there.
    It might be different on XP though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

I'm sorry, but i've always got to laugh when people ask this question :ninja:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Hehe! :D

- "How do I remove Paris Hilton.mpg from the list?" :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Tivoli

to remove paris hilton.mpg from the list email it to me

Advertisement