Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neverwinter Nights??

Options
  • 29-12-2003 12:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭

I was in xtra-vision and i seen neverwinter Nights with the shadows of undrentide for €30.

I like RPGs like Final fantasy, PSO and KOTOR. Is this a good rpg??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

its the same company who made KOTOR and yep its very very good. think along the lines of KOTOR re-skinned into medievilness (swords, armour, bows etc etc.).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Sounds good then.

how does the online multiplayer work?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

think along the lines of KOTOR re-skinned into medievilness (swords, armour, bows etc etc.).

Ehhhh NWN's was out years before KOTOR :)

KOTOR is a re-skinned NWN :)

(I love both btw)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Didnt think much of NWN myself, far too short, could finish it in about a day or 2 if you sat down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

bought nwn and expansion pack before christmas, only played it for an hour or so though and havent had a chance to get into it yet atall. Ive heard great reviews about it and alot of friends recommnded it which i have good faith in!

seemed to be ok but usually takes a while for me to 'really' get into rpg's

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

Originally posted by Squall
    Ehhhh NWN's was out years before KOTOR :)

KOTOR is a re-skinned NWN :)

(I love both btw)

ah yes well if you uhh...de-skinned it then or whatever. either way, they both kick ass.

I got it and spent nearly all day yesterday playing it. Its awesome. Brought back my love of PC gaming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭El Marco

Oh dear, this isn't good news for me at all. I got NWN and thought very little of it, and now I find that KOTOR is just like it and I was thinking of getting it for the XBox. Not critisising the game just I'm not a fan of rpg's in general. That's gone and disappointed me a bit :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Originally posted by El Marco
    Oh dear, this isn't good news for me at all. I got NWN and thought very little of it, and now I find that KOTOR is just like it and I was thinking of getting it for the XBox. Not critisising the game just I'm not a fan of rpg's in general. That's gone and disappointed me a bit :(

eh neverwinter nights isnt that much like KOTOR really , one is medieval one is star wars universe, If you werent told you might not even know they were by the same people , dont let your dislike for NWN turn you off KOTOR thats all im saying :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Originally posted by El Marco
    Not critisising the game just I'm not a fan of rpg's in general. That's gone and disappointed me a bit :(

well, if you dont like RPGs then dont buy one. KOTOR requires some amount of patience, more so than other games, so if your not into that DO NOT buy it.

its not the type of game you can sit down for 5 minutes and have an enjoyable crack at.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭El Marco

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a gamer that can't handle 5 minutes without action or killing but there was something about the feel of nwn that I didn't like. When I heard that KOTOR and NWN could be the same I began to get disappointed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

there are 4 chapters to the orginal NWN game but there are many many more that are out there to download.

there are also peristant world severs for those who want to go multiplayer .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

NWN is all about the multiplayer. The single player game was only meant to be an introduction to the game system.

It's a nice traditional D&D paper and pencil kind of game. You just need to find the right people to play with and the game is fantastic.

Originally posted by BLITZ_Molloy
    NWN is all about the multiplayer. The single player game was only meant to be an introduction to the game system.

It's a nice traditional D&D paper and pencil kind of game. You just need to find the right people to play with and the game is fantastic.

I'm loving the single player. Haven't tried the multiplayer yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

The single player game in HoU is damm good. Every time I though I was close to the end I got screwed over and had another major task infront of me :)

Advertisement