Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

going a bit grey in the temples...

Options
  • 29-12-2003 1:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭

Nearly but not quite... I've been considering trading my 02 650cc drag star classic for a mid to late 80's goldwing. Either a 1200 or 1500cc would do. Must be that I'm getting the itch to start doing some major miles in comfort. Hell I could do that now but I have absolutely zero weather protection. Weather protection is really my main concern but it would be nice to have that bit of extra storage, look like a rolling christmas tree, blast out some choons (bai), and generally do what I am doing now except in a more tourer fashion. Have I gone quite mad?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Are you aware that you must be in possession of a moustache in order to drive a Goldwing?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Stop rubbing it in. Some of us pay more than our bikes are worth on 3rd party insurance.

If you buy one, you will be envied, shunned, and killed. In that order.

:p

(I will have a GoldWing when I'm old and want an excuse to not bring the kids with me - "It can only carry me and my luggage love, sorry" ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Originally posted by Sico
    Are you aware that you must be in possession of a moustache in order to drive a Goldwing?

Ahh thats no problem, I'll even grow a beard so I'll fit in with the rest of the goldwing ilk.

Out of pure interest I rang my broker today; interested in two bikes at the moment. The BMW R1150GS and of course the goldwing GL1500. I'd have to pay an extra €743 for the beamer or an extra €430 for the goldwing (my insurance is up in August 2004). I was getting fairly interested in a R1150GS Adventure but seeing as my insurance on it would be the bones of €2500 next year, I'm swaying more towards the wing.

So on with the moustache.. I may even grow a Poirot (sp?) style one and gel the ends of it :D

Advertisement