Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Web page probs !! Help!!

Options
  • 04-02-2000 12:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭

I am trying to put a small site together here in work with frontpage 98. I keep getting a stupid error when trying to make a discuusion forum page. Heres the error.

"FrontPage Run-Time Component Page
    You have submitted a form or followed a link to a page that requires a web server and the FrontPage Server Extensions to function properly.

This form or other FrontPage component will work correctly if you publish this web to a web server that has the FrontPage Server Extensions installed.

Click the <Back> arrow to return to the previous page.

Any ideas.

Jedi

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

yea, your problem is your using frontpage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Gerry

I dont know much about web servers but
    I think the angelfire server would need to have frontpage extensions installed, probably some dlls that let it understand the stuff that frontpage makes, which isnt pure html. This is probably because they are running apache or something that doesnt have a clue what frontpage is. Frontpage seems to make non standard html code

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

Frontpage extensions are insecure as f.uck, most sensible isp's/webspace providers avoid them.

Use dreamweaver smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

if this is for a clan page, the ukccl will give you a private ubb forum, if you're in the q3 ukccl of course

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Jedi

No its for internal work thingy. Trying to get more money smile.gif

• Advertisement
Advertisement