Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revelations - The story of the Frames on Todayfm Lastnight

• 29-12-2003 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭

Anybody listening to it? The program was totally immersing, but the narrator's voice was so cringingly cheesy. Very "studenty" :o Yuck! It was very interesting to find out that Glen was signed as a solo artist only and the battle he had to stick with a band. It was also interesting to find out the stigma that was attached to his band after his role in the Commitments. A kind of a bandwagon aura about them.

It played a lot of their early songs in between narratives, which was nice. Great to see how their music has advanced over the 13 years. Although, I think "Fake" is a bit of a throwback to "Another Love Song" (the album)

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

It was a repeat; but I remember liking the narrator's voice.

If you don’t have Another Love Song you can download it – on MP3 and in full – from the Frames' website… http://fake.theframes.ie/v4/music/als.shtml

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭krinpit

Yeah? Well she sure did my head in :dunno:

Thanks for that. I downloaded it a couple of years ago, but it's not great TBH, but there are a couple of good songs on it like Picture of Love and of course The Dancer.

Advertisement