Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to connect to the Internet with a C60?

• 29-12-2003 12:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭

Hi all,

I am trying to download new ringtones from my Siemens C60 and I get the following message :

"Incorrect CSD profile"

I can't access the Web.

The manual says that the service provider (O2 in that case) should help me with this, but I got no answer yet.

Is there anyone who can help me out here please ?

Thanks a lot.

Merry Christmas

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

hi

have you tried using their web config tool to send you the WAP settings for your phone:
    http://web.o2.ie/portal/help/connecting/phone_settings/index.html

or calling their WAP & Internet support desk:
    1740 (from an O2 handset) or 1550 924 086

if you are still having grief post back and i'm sure we'll be able to help,
    BrianG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭ZeFrog

Thanks for the link.

I prefer to get info from here as I m not too confident talking to an english speaking person over the phone.

Here is where I am (not too far)

When I go to:
    Surf and Fun
    I get this message : To establish intenet service, please enter PIN

(I have tried my PIN and a V-PIN I got from my-siemens.com but they seem to be wrong)

Same message when I go to
    Ring Tones , Download new, Internet

I was on www-my-siemens.com and I subscribed to send a polyphonic tone, I received it, but when I action the hyperlink i m getting a wrong number tone

If I enable GPRS then, by actioning the hyperling I m getting a message : GPRS, access dinied.

In the Connectivity settings there are user name and passwords, what should those be ?

:dunno:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

ok - can you say if you are pre-pay (Speakeasy Top-Ups) or post-pay (Monthly Bill) customer

also are you new to the O2 network? reason I ask is you may need to have GPRS enabled for you account by O2 - this may be causing the GPRS, access dinied error on your handset

this would involve calling them - as then need to set up the account (provision) with the GPRS services - all you have to say is 'can you check GPRS services are enabled for my account'

BrianG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭ZeFrog

It worked, I called the hot line and now I have GPRS access, thanks.

I went on www.my-siemens.com and o2, I have received an SMS with new ringtones : a phone number and a contract number ...

What I am trying to do is to set up new ringtones.

Is it possible to download free ringtones from the Internet and then drag and drop them on the Siemens C60 via USB connection ?

I don t like the WAP/gprs way, it tells me I have to pay 3 euros per ring tones, + I couldn t find it in my phone afterwards.

Any advice on how to get Star Wars - The Empire music on my phone is welcome :)

Anyway : thaniks 4 your help DubW, very much appreciated. :)

Advertisement