Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pro Evoloution Soccer 3 PC : Help Please

Options
  • 29-12-2003 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if any of you could help really, i've no problem running latest games apart from this.

Heres what the problem is, i can play in 640x480 ok without any slowdowns ATALL! yet when i change to a higher res it seems to 'stutter' at points (800x600 especially where it will play fine but stutter at alot of points making it very unenjoyable)

Just wondering really what might be causing this, is there any patches available to rectify this problem, with the pc i have i feel i should be able to run it without any problems what so ever considering i spent so much on it..

I use the USB converter so i can use the ps2 pad with it but i use this with other games and dont seem to get any slowdowns (return of the king to be precise) so it cant be that surely..

My system specs are -

Gigabyte 7VAXP-Ultra Mainboard
    AMD XP 2100+
    1,280 meg PC2100 ddr ram (512+512+256)
    Geforce FX5200 256 Meg
    Sound Blaster Audigy 2

so why the hell am i getting slowdowns in any decent resoloutions? :(

playing in 640x480 just makes things look kinda ugly in ways, especially as i feel i should be able to run it fine due to having well over the recommended system specs that are on the box. My dvd rom is only 16x could that have any problems with it? i wouldnt imagine so surely? :(

any help would be appreciated as i want to run this game in atleast 800x600, and preferably with detail set to "high".

I tryed a couple of things but to no real avail and afaik i have the latest drivers for my card (and directx 9.1b), the drivers came from the cd that i got with the card and taking that it is relatively a brand new card i figured they would be the latest anyway (that plus i dont have net access in the house to d/l updates, only from the web in work)

Cheers for any help given in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

The prob is an FX card. We were talking about this on another forum and it seems that there's a compatibility issue with FX cards. Konami have a couple of updates out for the game so try them to see if they work. Also patch the game so you get real kits and updated teams. If you want the link its www.pesfan.com.

PS patching is allowed as you own the game and you can modify it to whatever you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

Originally posted by kensutz
    If you want the link its www.pesfan.com.

dont happen to have a direct link to that do you? looking at the site i dont know what im ment to d/l :(, is it the updated roster or what? or do i have to register for site?

Just finished readint the official pes3 site there about the updates and it states
    Patch Name: 1.30.1 patch
    Platform: PC
    File Name : pes3_patch1301.exe
    Size: 10.1 MB

Posted: 15/Dec/2003

>DOWNLOAD

NOTE:
    - Fixed so that the game speed will not be slowed down on certain graphic cards. Please change the Display option's Quality to "Low" to activate.
    - Reduced the stuttering of the game.
    - Fixed the problem of the stadiums textures, and names of the players on the back of the uniform, which were displayed incorrectly.
    - Fixed the problem of the game crashing by changing certain edit player's hairstyle.
    - Reduced the problem of the game crashing after the display of the Konami logo sequence in some cases,.
    Patch Name: 1.10.2 patch
    Platform: PC
    File Name : pes3_patch1102.exe
    Size: 8.9 MB

Posted: 21/Nov/2003

>DOWNLOAD

NOTE:
    - Fixed so that the settings of "Setting.exe" will be reflected accordingly.
    - Fixed the problem of game running too fast in the full screen mode.
    - Fixed the problem of the game stopping when switching to "Window mode".
    - Fixed the problem of the game stopping when only Spanish is installed, and when trying to change the language sound.
    - Fixed the portions of the game stuttering during the match.
    - Fixed the problem of changing the player call name, when there is only one language installed.
    - Fixed so that the game can be played through the finals in a multi player mode.
    - Fixed the shadow effect of the player on the pitch.
    - Cleared the line when the game screen fades out (happened rarely)
    - Fixed the problem of the schedule becoming incorrect after the 7th week of the 3rd season in the Master League mode.

looks like this might just be the fix i need (i think) :) *touch wood*

no inet connection in house though so gonna put the patches quickly onto cd from the cd burner upstairs in work!

how big is the new kits/team names etc update?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

For the kits etc go to the pc pes3 discussion and then into update and chages. Look for wolfs evolution or something like that and it has everything there u need.

Advertisement