Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Santa Fe Clutch Problem

Options
  • 29-12-2003 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

im asking this question for my folks,

on 09/01/2003 they purchased a santa fe, the only had it a couple of moths and the clubroke o it, and then it went again 3/4 monthas later, and then today it has offically happened again.

so in the past 2 years the clutch has been replaced 3 times. is this common, is the garage at fault. More than anything my folks are looking for someone to contact to deal with this troublesum issue, the machine is currently in the gargage getting the clutch replaced.

any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

Is it manual or automatic? What sort of milage are they doing?

Though the sort answer is: This is not normal, knowing the answer to above would help.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭wild_eyed

there is approx 29,000 miles on the clock, and the machine is a manual stick.

the prvious times the clutch went could have caused a serious accident, hearing reports about it, it seems the when this happens, the machine seizes.

just a complaint be lodged with hyundai, the hyundai dealership or obundsman or what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭herbie747

I would seriously return it for a FULL refund before 1 year is up - get something else. That's just ridiculous.
    They are FULLY within their rights to do so. They have been too patient. I would have done it when the cluth went for the 2nd time.

Advertisement