Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game Cube

Options
  • 29-12-2003 1:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭

I just got myself a game cube with mario kart, can anyone recommend other good games to buy, also what is ISS2 like on the gamecube

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

There's loads of threads on this, go look at some!

off the top of my head in no particular order:

Metroid Prime
    Zelda: Windwaker
    Viewtiful Joe
    MK: Double Dash
    F-Zero GX
    Eternal Darkness
    Pikmin
    Soul Calibur 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Metroid prime would be the next game to get.

Then:

Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
    Viewtiful Joe
    F-zero GX
    Super Mario sunshine
    Super smash bros melee
    Soul Calibur 2
    Resi remake
    Resi zero
    Rogue squadron 2 and maybe 3
    PN03
    ikaruga

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Super Monkey Ball or Super Monkey Ball 2

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭moridin

Hmmm, heard monkey ball 2 is nowhere near as good as the first one...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

And where did you hear that from>? SMB2 is way better than SMB, more mini-games and more of a challenge

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

of the 3 i got with my cube, i'd rate them in this order:
    metroid prime, mario sunshine, resi 0.

resi 0 isn't great, it's well worth the £9.99 that play.com are asking for it at the moment.
    and you'd have to be mad not to pick up the players choice copy of metroid prime.

now that i think of it, resi 0 is pretty damned good, it just pales in comparison to metroid prime...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

Eternal darkness rocks, as does the resident evil remake. Timesplitters 2 is great fun if you have 4 controllers and 3 friends but smash bros is probably better for multi player. But the most impressive game i got would either be metroid prime or pikmin, and matter what anyone says about mario sunshine it is a great game and much more than mario 64-the only thing its missing is pink bobombs.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Zelda, people! just completed wind waker there on xmas day and i can honestly say tis the best game on the console. even the freebie with the GC is the nuts! (bought one for a tenner in smyths:ninja: ) metroid prime is just beautiful, mk:dd is great (especially with mates) ditto monkey ball and ssbm, soul calibur 2 has the best exclusive character of any console in link, viewtiful joe is cool and f-zero gx is just amazing!
    </fan'boy'>

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,387 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Get yourself Metroid Prime first. Then its a choice of all the other games mentioned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 763 ✭✭✭goo

Just bought "Viewtiful Joe" there yesterday. I must say, I'm very happy with myself. Then again, I did buy "TRUE CRIME: Streets of L.A." aswell so, maybe I should just be quiet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭The Smircher

There's a great GC offer in Xtra-Game at the moment.
    I picked up the following for €149.

1 x Gamecube Zelda Windwaker Pak (includes the Zelda bonus disc)
    1 x extra controller (official Nintendo one)
    1 x Mario Kart Double Dash game

I though it was a great deal!
    Can't wait to start playing it now...
    :D

Advertisement