Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sharp gx-10 on Meteor????

• 29-12-2003 3:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 820 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

now this is prob a stupid question but......

can a sharp gx-10 purchased on ready to go from vodafone be used with a meteor sim card. I'm trying to convince my sisters to go meteor but they tell me that they needed a special new sim card from vodafone when they got the phone. I would put this down to sales talk or simply a method for locking that phone for use only by my sisters but i want to be sure.

Also, will they lose any features that vodafone offer to compliment the phone, like vodafonen live etc. And what exactly is vodafone live btw, is it just simply the mms service?? I read somewhere that these phones were designed specially for the vodafone network.

One final question, does anyone know of any codes or methods for unlocking this phone.

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

All they need to do is unlock the phone, get a meteor sim card and re-configure the handset for Meteors services.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 820 ✭✭✭qBot

thanks ,

how bout a code for unlocking them. any cracks floating bout.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭Faltermyer

If they have topped up by €130 or more then they are entitled to get it from Vodafone.

If not, PM me.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Originally posted by cuan
    Hi there,

now this is prob a stupid question but......

can a sharp gx-10 purchased on ready to go from vodafone be used with a meteor sim card. I'm trying to convince my sisters to go meteor but they tell me that they needed a special new sim card from vodafone when they got the phone

Actually your sister is correct--you do need a special sim card to use the meteor mms etc..Sharp use a 32k sim card while most others use a 16k sim card.Im actually still waiting on a 32k sim card from meteor to use my gx1 on their network as my second phone.Almost 4 months waiting at this stage.
    Richie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭Faltermyer

GX10 and GX10i DO NOT need a 32kb SIM to work on Meteor.

You will however need a Meteor SIM from July '03 or newer for a GX10
    and September '03 or newer for a GX10i.

So simply order a replacement SIM from Customer Care on 1905 or get one in a Store and you will be fine.

GPRS will work fine for definite.

MMS however,may require a 32kb SIM.

• Advertisement
Advertisement